Which section to enter at Futurity Advice ??

LMsporthorses

Visit site
Thinking of entering My foal for futurity but not sure which section?

He is by Vangelis S (Showjumper) but out of a Dam whose line is mostly eventers.

So can you enter for both? Is that a good idea or is only one better?

Please could you futurity experts give me some advice?
You've all seen pics before but a couple to see which you think?

P020611_2132_01.jpg

P020611_2140.jpg

Can't see his head very well but he is standing up ok

CopyofHugoandlibby002.jpg

Thanks

eventrider23

Visit site
You can only enter one section now so personally I would go SJ and then if the evaluators think he is better suited as an eventer they can change him.

Bedlam

Visit site
I think I agree - he's got a jumping bum! How does he move? Does he really cover the ground in walk and stretch out in an easy gallop when loose?

LMsporthorses

Visit site
He has a huge walk and he does gallop well too from what i've seen, haven't practiced having him loose with mum trotting in hand yet as been showing him but will have a go this weekend and see if I can get a vid of him loose in the arena. Its hard to get a real impression of him in the field as its on a hill and is very uneven.

I was thinking showjumping too just wanted to give him the best chance and didn't want to get there and realise I was in the wrong section.

Didnt realise the judges can change them either so thats good.

Thanks

nona1

Visit site
I love his chunky little legs - he's going to have terrific bone when he grows up.

I'd go SJ. To do very well in eventing they also need quite some of that floaty dressage movement, and I don't get that impression off him.

LMsporthorses

Visit site
You need to hurry up though, most dates are full or nearly full!

I'm in for Richmond in the showjumping section entered yesterday thank god !!

nona:

He does move very well in trot not big enough for solely Dressage but he is by a showjumper so didn't expect him to. Wanted him to go in to the showjumping section really anyway as thats what I do mainly so although he may well event in the future and I think he will move well enough for it I would rather give him the best chance at the futurity.

Thanks for advice guys you helped me make my mine up !!

xx

Last edited: