Which show class should i enter

amysponies

Visit site
I don't know which show class to enter as he is between hunter and riding horse, the show near me dont have sports horse so need to decide which class. mum is a small hunter/ riding horse has won in both classes. any conformation comments as well. so please help!!!!

291.jpg

297.jpg

Irishlife

Visit site
He would be absolutely fine in hunter youngstock, sports horse or mixed youngstock. He could also do the riding horse ones if thats what they have when you are. You cannot really pigeon hole him at this age.

amysponies

Visit site
mum is 16 and still havent decided which suits her best either, she has had supreme champion, in both in the same year, differnt show, different judges. was just going to try and concentrate on one with him. he is 11 months now

Rollin

Visit site
I think a lot depends on the judge. We had many discussions on this subject, with friends, when we lived in Scotland. One friend was told in a hunter class her horse was a riding horse and in a riding horse class it was a hunter!!

The fun for us was when we entered a mare of ours as a small show hunter. She won her first class and was Reserve Hunter champion. The following year she qualified as a small show hunter for the Scottish Masters. At the SAME show there was also a Riding Club Horse class - she won the Riding Club Horse Championship and the Royal Highland Society Perpetual Trophy.

Her breeding? She is a pure bred Cleveland Bay.