Which showing classes...?

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Yes me again... Getting very nervy about showing my youngster in hand. Not had much experience outside of welsh cob classes. So question is.. what classes? I am planning on entering her in the sports horse and other breed classes at her first show, but the next show which i was planning on entering is run under SHGB rules and all entrants need to be registered, is it worth registering her (£25) or would she be suitable for other classes like riding horse or hunters?

She's 3yrs old, bay, standing at 16hh now, CBxTrakener breeding, but quite lightly built:

15409232.jpg

Any help appreciated...

TangoCurly

Visit site
hello!

i think it is cheaper to do sports horse classes compared to hunter classes. For SH, you ahve to have the horse on the SHB basic identity passport (or overstamped) which is £25 and that is it. Hunter breeding classes are also the domane of the SHB, but the the horse and owner have ot be registered which i don't think gives much change out of £100 (though i am sure someone can correct me on that!).

Worth checking on what registration is needed for riding horses as i just don't know that.

Obviously, those costs only apply to affiliated shows, but not many local riding club shows would have specific breeding classes.

bye!

Ps, she is a lovely looking girl

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
SHB(GB) membership is about £50 per year for owner, and costs £25 one-off to overstamp/register horse. Is she reg part bred CB as they have classes for PB at some shows. She might go well in RH classes, but it depends if you can find classes to enter her in, as a lot of shows have dropped RH breeding classes.

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Yes she has a CB passport. Though I can't find any shows local to me with CB or part bred classes? West midlands?
Think the cost of registering her with SHGB (£75?) is a bit pointless, I only thought it was £25, forgot about registering me lol. Funny enough the SHB class in the first show isnt run by the society and does not require registration, and in the second show the hunters arent required to be registered but the sport horses are... very confused... Might enter a different show instead for her second show, their sport horse classes are run under 'SHGB recomended rules' but as far as i can tell don't require registration either.

Its not meant to be this complicated surely?

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
I think you can overstamp the horse, and enter certain classes without being a member yourself, but I'm not sure. I guess it all depends what you want to do with her in the future. If I were you, I'd have a look at some riding horse classes.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
If you overstamp with SHBGB, that will cover you for any shows affiliated to them. You don't have to be a member to show in their classes except at their own National Hunter show I believe.

TangoCurly

Visit site
for affiliated shows for hunter classes you do have to be a member - this is from the rule book for hunters:

For the avoidance of doubt, Owners, Riders and Producers of horses competing in Hunter Classes run in accordance with these General Rules must all be members of the Society. All horses exhibited must be duly registered with the Society unless these rules state otherwise.

For sports horses it says:

All entries in Sport Horse Classes must be on the Society’s Basic Identity Record or Stud Book

It is all very confusing though!