Which spurs?

Boojackson

Visit site
My instructor has suggested that I should perhaps start using spurs for flat work/dressage. I am new to spurs (returner after 15 years off, and back riding for 2 years now) and was wondering which I should go for. Was assuming Prince of Wales, but thought I'd check, and secondly I school with ariat boots and half chaps so are their any strap constraints I should be aware of? Thanks!

Redders

Visit site
I bought a nice pair of roller ball ones, I hadn't used spurs in years and was worried about the jabbing I might do unintentionally!
I got the mark Todd ones from olddairysaddlery.co.uk. I find them good quality, value and above all because they are quite short, they minimise risk of wandering lower leg.

Redders

Visit site
Also I found no obvious strap restraints with any boots I wear, most trouble I had was threading the straps the right way! Blonde moment!

oldie48

Visit site
Don't buy the rubber rollers, mine fell off very quickly. i found the metal rollers much better.
I bought a nice pair of roller ball ones, I hadn't used spurs in years and was worried about the jabbing I might do unintentionally!
I got the mark Todd ones from olddairysaddlery.co.uk. I find them good quality, value and above all because they are quite short, they minimise risk of wandering lower leg.

Redders

Visit site
The ones I got were the metal ones, the same as on website, I didn't like the look of the plastic ones either- didn't look as smooth!