which typr of halter?

which do you prefer?

• Total voters

_daisy_

Visit site
As a few of you know ive got my friends pony living with me for a little while. She came to me when the sale fell through. My friend has said i can do what i want with this pony and if i find a buyer then great. So found out that there is a little local show happening on bank holiday Monday so thought i could take her out and about - shes done sod all - shes a lovely little 2yo Welsh Section C filly.
Do you think she should be shown in one of those white cotton halter that welshs wear or a proper in hand bridle? She will only be going in the m&m class, youngstock, bonny pony classes (whichever there is) so nothing major.
Please note this pony has never had a bridle on in her life, just a headcollar. And if she has to have a bridle, ill have to go and buy her one and get her used to it. Also dont really want to spend a fortune as itll be only used a couple of times before she either is sold or goes home.
ta muchly

teapot

Visit site
I think welsh - you can show in either.

I was going to show my old share pony (welsh c) and I was told either bridle or white halter

_daisy_

Visit site
do you know where i can get one - checked on ebay but theyve only got the rope ones - am i right in thinking i should have the flat cotton type one?

mandy4727

Visit site
Fillies - white headcollar.
Welshes - white headcollar.
So as she is a welsh filly - you guessed it white headcollar.
And the cheaper option aswell.

_daisy_

Visit site
i think they do look nice, and in her case might be better rather than scaring her with a show and a bridle for the first time. Mother will be on photo duty so hopefully will get some decent ones