which wellies would you recommend?

horserider198

Visit site
as the weather is getting bad now, i need to purchase some new wellies!
i am not buying hunters as they have bad reviews! does anyone have any good wellies?

thanks!:eek:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
For around the yard and for hopping in the saddle for a quick tootle, the Muck boot Tyne. Must be the 5th or 6th winter I've been wearing them and they are comfy,warm, long lasting and still look like new despite lots of abuse.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Aigle are very good quality, and are what I wear now.

(defintaly not hunters....unless....you live close to the shop and keep the years guarantee safely to hand, because hunters will always fail before a year is up, and you can keep rolling over the guarantee and have free, new wellies for ever more :D)

Javabb94

Visit site
I have joules wellies - I have 2 pairs one is about 6 years old and still going strong, other pair are 2 years old and look new other than a bit of mud! Best thing is they are only £35 and come in nice colours :D

MissMoo

Visit site
I must admit I love Le Chameau wellies. I recently had to replace my pair which had lasted eleven years so, pricey as they are I do feel they are worth it, they are also the only wellies I have ever had which keep my feet warm! :D

I have had Hunters in the past and aside from the fact they only lasted me five minutes, my feet froze in them!

indie999

Visit site
I love my £9.50 3/4 calf wellies and I use to ride in them (in case I had to get off at unmoveable gates). I am not huge but my fatter legs just were never comfy in the standard wellies(I hate things tight round my legs/knees). But am on about my 3 rd pair now. Knee Freedom.

Cecil sales/Sales of sandon. thats where they come from.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
After having Hunters and Farmer Brown's for at least 30 years I've gone down to plain old Dunlop wellies, £10 a pair. They're comfortable, strong and have a good sole and as long as I wear thick socks my feet don't get cold either.
I have had some Lowther wellies (Hunter lookalike) and they've lasted two years, still going strong so decided I'd better give them a quieter life. I got them from Amazon and they have zillions to choose from at decent prices.http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ld-keywords=wellington+boots&sprefix=we,aps,0

tankgirl1

Visit site
Muck boots! They are amazing - soooo warm! I have the tyne boots so I can ride in them too, the only problem I have is that the grip isn't great on them, but apparently its much better on the other styles.

Had my last pair of hunters for 17years..... you can imagine my disappointment when my new pair this year lasted 5 minutes :(

Coblover63

Visit site
If you want cheap wellies, I'd recommend Dunlop Aciforts..... cheap, durable, good tread and with a steel toecap. If you have cash to splash, I'd recommend a pair of Muck Boot Derwents.... good grip and you'll never have cold feet again.

PeeGee

Visit site
Aigle,I had Muckboots last year and they have worn out. The grip was really poor also but they do keep your feet warm. I now have got some Aigle neoprene lined wellies and they are soo comfy and warm. You can wear them all day which I couldn't do with the Muckboots. I know they are much more expensive but they have a two year guarantee apparently.
Pam

Como

Visit site
If you've got enough dosh then Le Chameau, the best money I have ever spent! Neoprene lined, cool in summer, warm in winter, they look great too. I've had mine for about 5/6 years and they are not worn at all. They are one of the few things that I own that I really love and recommend x

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
I must admit I love Le Chameau wellies. I recently had to replace my pair which had lasted eleven years so, pricey as they are I do feel they are worth it, they are also the only wellies I have ever had which keep my feet warm! :D

I have had Hunters in the past and aside from the fact they only lasted me five minutes, my feet froze in them!

Ditto.

justmyluck99

Visit site
I have joules wellies - I have 2 pairs one is about 6 years old and still going strong, other pair are 2 years old and look new other than a bit of mud! Best thing is they are only £35 and come in nice colours :D

I've had my pair for not even a year and they have a huge rip in!! Plus the lining has all ripped, not please!