Which Wellingtons?

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
After trying many brands I've actually gone back to Hunters (the neoprene Norris ones) I find them the most comfy wellies of any brand tbh & the last pair I bought are really robust

The Trooper

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your opinions so far, I have been through the thread and compiled what you have all said.

Cheap and cheerful (Dunlops etc) - 3

Hesitant for this option as I get really really cold feet, I understand the whole wearing cosy socks as an option but ideally I'd like to have socks on that I can wear when riding and doing yard duties, for £10 per pair though it's certainly an option

Kramer - 1
Toggi Neoprene - 3

One I hadn't considered before starting this thread, I have seen Wanderers Plus so these are certainly in the running.

Le Chemeaus - 3

One of my colleagues has been desperately trying to convince me to try these, She has a pair that she swears by and is convinced they are the right way to go, I am unsure, they cost double what the Toggi's do and 10x what the cheapos above do.

Aigles - 5

Parcours coming in at around £100 which is the sort of figure i'm looking to spend, most votes these are currently a big contender. From online reviews they seem to be quite inconsistent with durability and quality.

Dunlop Puroforts - 1
Fishing wellies - 1
Ariat - 2
Canyons - 1

I actually already own a pair of canyons that I have majorly neglected, They would benefit form a clean, oil, waterproofing and perhaps insoles but could be serviceable again.

Rigger - 2
Goodyear Neoprene - 1
DeWalt Titanium - 1
Hunters - 1

Any more thoughts and opinions hugely appreciate!

3OldPonies

Visit site
I'm loving my long green Hawkridge wellies from mole valley farmers. They've outlasted all previous wellies from Hunter etc. Not too expensive either.

hollyandivy123

Visit site
rubber Le Chameau boots.................had my pair for about 10yr+, have a small leak solved with a bit of rubber sealant...........no other issues........hopping for another 10,

Annagain

Visit site
If you're going on numbers I'll add a good review of Aigle Parcours Iso (the neoprene lined ones) I bought mine in 2012 (I have no idea how I remember this when I cant remember to water the tomatoes!) and while they have started to crack a little around the area where my toes meet my foot, they haven't gone all the way through and are still waterproof. The only downside to them is they can be a bit sweaty in summer but I don't wear them much then. I think I'm going to try some rubber sealant in the cracks as really don't want to change them if I can help it! I bought an unpopular colour (brown) so they were only about £80 in the sale but I'm not sure you'd get them for that now.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I've been there dunnit with Muckboots and Hunters, both of which brands have hugely disappointed me in recent years with their shocking lack of quality and last-a-bility.

I need another pair of winter wellies: my destination will be the local farm outlet as am not prepared to pay silly-money just for a brand name.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I've been there dunnit with Muckboots and Hunters, both of which brands have hugely disappointed me in recent years with their shocking lack of quality and last-a-bility.

I need another pair of winter wellies: my destination will be the local farm outlet as am not prepared to pay silly-money just for a brand name.

i felt the same but bought my aigle parcours for £156, the most i have ever paid for wellies but my feet get really cold and i also have arthritis in them so the cold makes them hurt more..they have done me 5 winters and this next one will be the 6th, so for about £30 per year they have been good value IMO and if they fail this winter i will get the same again.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
you missed off the option of more expensive, professional grade, neoprene lined dunlops :p

All the benefits of non-leaking rubber and warmth :p.

fwiw my non thermo ones are also pretty good because of the way they are made.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
I rate grubs a lot, especially when its freezing and they are less slippy!

Butttt i just bought muck boots the new maroon n black ones only cause i work at dobbies and i get 25% off 😂😂 if anyone wants a pair lol 🤷🏼‍♀️

I love my Grubbs. Never had cold feet since I got them & yes, the sole gives good grip.

scats

Visit site
I’m officially a Wellie killer! I have no idea how or why, but every pair I buy either leak or split, whether they were cheap or expensive.

Worst contenders for me were Grubbs (split within 2 months) and Ariats (love them, but split within 6 months).

fornema

Visit site
I had muck boots which split on both feet within their year warranty, returned them under warranty - they used to be fab boots now very disappointing. Now have Le Chameaus Vierzonord - they are worn 7 days a week for numerous hours and are like wearing slippers. They have a two year warranty which on hours of welly hunting is as much as you can really get.

WHat i would say is if you can wait Le Chameau usually have 25% off over black Friday, which makes them a tad more affordable.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I’m officially a Wellie killer! I have no idea how or why, but every pair I buy either leak or split, whether they were cheap or expensive.

Worst contenders for me were Grubbs (split within 2 months) and Ariats (love them, but split within 6 months).

Same here. I'm drawn like a moth to welly reccomendation threads and have tried most brands some of which cost a small fortune, the worst being the aigle parcours which I think cost £180 and lasted 6 weeks.
It's only wellies that fall apart and split on me. Leather country boots last forever but we have deep clay mud and hosing off beautiful leather boots twice a day seems like sacrilege.

AFB

Visit site
I gave up on wellies as I've never found a pair that:
1 - lasted more than 6 months
2 - kept my feet warm
3 - didn't require a small mortgage

I bought a pair of North Face winter walking boots nearly 4 years ago now and I live in them each winter, they're the best boots I've ever bought. Super sturdy, I've never had cold feet since buying them, and still going strong.

I don't have thick mud to wade through though as mines the last in so always waiting at the gate for me.

scats

Visit site
Same here. I'm drawn like a moth to welly reccomendation threads and have tried most brands some of which cost a small fortune, the worst being the aigle parcours which I think cost £180 and lasted 6 weeks.
It's only wellies that fall apart and split on me. Leather country boots last forever but we have deep clay mud and hosing off beautiful leather boots twice a day seems like sacrilege.

Anytime my friends have wellies for years, they recommend them to me and I buy a pair and kill them within a few months of light wear. I have no idea how I do it!

BOWS28

Visit site
Oh my goodness, my Muck Boots did the same - my heel rubbed a hole in the neoprene and I couldn't wear them after that due to guaranteed blister afterwards. I've also bought boots in the "up to £100" range and they have all lasted about a year and a half. Finally saved up for a pair of Le Chemeau boots and oh my goodness what a game changer. I bought the neoprene lined ones, think they're called Vierzonord. Definitely recommend if you can bear to part with the money. I think mine were about £155.

My neoprene chammy's are on their 4th year. Game changer and worth every penny!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I know they're slightly pricey, but Aigles or Le Chameaus are excellent.

I have had my Chameaus for coming up 5 years now, pretty much lived in during winter and wear them for over 10 hours in one go during shooting season. Still look as good as new.. they're the neoprene lined ones, something like 'Vierzonord'. I am naughty and do occasionally ride in them too as they're so comfy. I do spray them with the silicone spray, apparently it helps. Funnily enough Boyfriend has had his over 5 years now, and only last week noticed they have a tiny split on the side and leak slightly. They lasted the same time as his Aigles. Mind they've been heavily used so can't complain for 5 years use really. We both managed to get ours in the sale.

Father in law has Aigles he lives in them all year round and they do exceedingly well too. I use to live in Hunters but they started breaking within months, don't touch those.

Personally find Dunlops and any cheap brands uncomfortable and rub my feet, as well as Toggi.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site

Whattt. Thats unbelievable. 6 weeks :eek: Did you send them back?
Father in law owns a farm so can imagine the abuse his Aigle Parcours get, and his last years. I don't understand how some can last so little time and others, the same brand, last years. Maybe they're made in different factories?

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Whattt. Thats unbelievable. 6 weeks :eek: Did you send them back?
Father in law owns a farm so can imagine the abuse his Aigle Parcours get, and his last years. I don't understand how some can last so little time and others, the same brand, last years. Maybe they're made in different factories?

I didn't send them back because I couldn't remember the internet site I bought them from. Typical me. Did ask Uttings if I'd bought the boots from them and they were incredibly helpful and looked through their records, but it wasn't them. I do keep a record now though.

Chappie

Visit site
I've just had to retire my Grubbs Frostlines after 2 years and am hoping to get another pair before winter.
I've worn them for about 2.5 hours every weekday and about 8 hours a day at weekends, in LOTS of mud! Were very comfortable and warm from the first day. I expected the neoprene to separate from the rubber at some point, and sadly it eventually did, as always happens with these types of boots. But I find them so comfortable and get a decent run from them.

I tried a much cheaper pair from Gallop - comfortable but the neoprene is not very thick and got wet - this was in the torrential conditions we had last Saturday (though the rubber foot is very sturdy) so they will be my back ups and put to good use on the better weather days!

Coblover63

Visit site
I bought some Decathlon neoprene lined ones in the spring. They have a two-year guarantee so I've got to admit there's a part of me that thought "challenge accepted" when I saw that. I screen shotted the guarantee and wrote a review championing the length of it (also screen shotted), so I have evidence if I need to claim!

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I've just had to retire my Grubbs Frostlines after 2 years and am hoping to get another pair before winter.
I've worn them for about 2.5 hours every weekday and about 8 hours a day at weekends, in LOTS of mud! Were very comfortable and warm from the first day. I expected the neoprene to separate from the rubber at some point, and sadly it eventually did, as always happens with these types of boots. But I find them so comfortable and get a decent run from them.

I tried a much cheaper pair from Gallop - comfortable but the neoprene is not very thick and got wet - this was in the torrential conditions we had last Saturday (though the rubber foot is very sturdy) so they will be my back ups and put to good use on the better weather days!

I got 4 years out my grubs!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I didn't send them back because I couldn't remember the internet site I bought them from. Typical me. Did ask Uttings if I'd bought the boots from them and they were incredibly helpful and looked through their records, but it wasn't them. I do keep a record now though.
i am always cautious buying from the internet and wonder if yours were imitations as they fell apart so quickly, mine are still going strong after 5 years of mucking out etc...