Which will your first 2016 BE event be...how exciting :)

TopTotty

Visit site
So the fixture list is up...... :) So what is every one planning?

Thus year didn't go quite to plan for me. My youngster did two 80's then went really lame and has had surgery on her stifle. She is now being ridden again but it was touch and go for a few days! That was a good weight loss week for me ;)

Tilly came out of retirement when Stafford announced it was to be there last event. We won the 80 and had the best score of the whole day! :) :) Then we went to Skipton where we had a stop XC so she is now back in retirement! Peter says she's gonna have more come backs than the Rolling Stones soon!!! ;)

My Dad who has never bought me a pony in my life, gave me some money to buy a new horse so I didn't have to have another year out waiting for Moo to come sound again! (At my age a year out and I'd have probably lost my bottle) I was very shocked but very grateful! So Fancy Nancy has joined us :) She is five and very very green but we are progressing nicely :)

So I would like to start the ball rolling.............I would like to aim for Stafford 80 in March.........who's coming to join me???? :) :)

ahml100

Visit site
Oooh good luck with all of yours! My aim is the BE100 at Aston at the beginning of march....would love to do my cic* at Aldon in October but I think that is wishful thinking! Though, first got to get through the winter of stressage before the fun can start ;)

PorkChop

Visit site
Ohh, good thread, lovely to see the 2016 list up :)

Daughter is planning to do Forgandenny, which is a new event as her first for the year - there are earlier ones but they are 5 or more hours away, so trying to be sensible :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm planning BE80 at Howick on 2nd April as it's the closest event to me and seems a shame to miss one of two (almost) 'local' events. It'll be horses first ever event so fingers crossed everything goes to plan! If we miss Howick I'll be aiming for Chepstow 80 on 2nd July instead :).

Sammy1983

Visit site
I'm planning BE80 T at Sapey 13th April which will be our first ever event so hopefully giving us enough time between now and then to perfect everything (hopefully)

MardyMare

Visit site
I love Stafford - so glad its back on the calendar. I am aiming for the 80 too although I need to up my speed as seem to ride it too conservatively and horse finishes fresh as a daisy but I get time penalties :) not sure if I will start with Askham Bryan though.

So glad calendar is out already so that I can motivate myself over the dark cold winter to get out and ride :)

Eventmum

Visit site
We are thinking Tweseldown or Swalcliffe 80 with our project ex racer, will do JAS and jump training as well to get him used to atmosphere. Hopefully then on to Howick 90. We are really lucky to have loads of events within 2 hour drive to choose from.

cundlegreen

Visit site
Isleham first hopefully, for us. Young horse first run, and my older horse doing a ON before stepping up to Intermediate. Although at the moment she is fat and hairy out in the field.

blackhor2e

Visit site
I think we may be doing either a Intermediate or AI, at Oasby or Gatcombe in prep for three star this year. Last year went really well for us, hoping to repeat this at the next level :eek:

Twiglet

Visit site
Hoping for Munstead at end of March with my new boy. Have done each element individually with him so far, and he's been an absolute star (3 x dressage wins, 2 x clear rounds at 80 SJ and 1 x 2nd place in hunter trial, losing by 2/100ths of a second!), so hoping we can spend the winter upping the training and fitness, and have it all come together on the same day.

smja

Visit site
Probably Kelsall novice for me. Horses being horses and all things well, plan is to do the CCI* at Blair later this season so the people involved in saving horse from the scrapheap can watch :)

I went a bit highlighting mad...very excited!

LeannePip

Visit site
I'm hoping to get my will be 5yo out for a coupe of 80's - all going to plan; Moreton(5/6th Mar) & or Munsted(25/26th Mar), Bovington (16-17Apr) then Tweseldown 90 then Borde Hill 80/90 in May. Bit of a Holiday and re-assess

Newlands

Visit site
Fingers crossed it will be the 80 at Munstead! I have had confidence issues on/off this year but went clear around the BE80 courses hunter trial the week after their first BE earlier this year so will be a good start and have just today booked a schooling session there in January!

Saying that I do need to become a member, which I have asked for for Christmas!

georgiegirl

Visit site
I still havent decided!! I hate making longer term plans with horses as so much can change so Im going to see where we are fitness wise and what the early year weather is doing before making any decisions, I love eventing but not enough to be towed on and off fields and in sideways sleet ;) That said, if we are fit and raring to go in march and the weather/ground is reasonable it might possibly be askham bryan or oasby, failing that Eland Lodge - keeping my options open! Cant wait :)

Sophire

Visit site
I'm planning for Swalcliffe or Munstead in March. For the BE80(T), first with the mare. Setting it as a goal but I will see where we are after some dressage lessons and XC schooling in the new year!

glamourpuss

Visit site
Not sure. Isleham is my nearest at the start of the season...but I'm not sure it would be the right run for this horse.
I'd like to head back to Poplar, I thought the improvements to the courses were great (if only they could get rid of that horrid woodchip warmup for the SJ)

As with everything it does really depend on how the winter training goes...& given the horse is fat & hairy (& I'm not much better 😂) it all seems a long way off still 😂😂