Which would you do??

devilinajar

Visit site
My friend has offered me the use of her horse to do a dressage test on next Wed. I have not done any Stressage since i finished college 7 years ago. I ride the horse every week, but normaly only hack. I cant decide wether to do the P4 or P14. I know they are only very simple but i want to start with something easy!! Please help me decide which test to do!
crazy.gif

BFG

Visit site
It depends on the horse if the horse is clever then i would go for P14 because p4 can get a little boring for them, it has a lot of work on the full arena so they have time to think of things to do that you didn’t necessarily ask for.

If your horse is nice a quite then i would do P4 it is a straight forward test with lots of time to prepare and will give you a little more time to think.

The P14 test has a give and retake and also some trot walk trot transitions which can keep your horse thinking.

If it was me one my horse i would go for P14 however i do dressage about twice a month so am use to riding a test.

hellspells

Visit site
To be honest - I think they are both much of a muchness I I would take a look and see which one you like the look of best.

devilinajar

Visit site
Thank guys, we are going to ride both of them tonight and see which i think will be best for me. My friend will be doing P18 on him first, so he should be nice and settled by the time i get on. We are going to call the test for each other, so hopefully i wont go wrong. But you never know anything can happen, but will post a report and possible some pics, so long as i go through with it!!