Which yard would you choose?

bellaboo

Visit site
Myself and the_stropster have been thinking about moving our horses but don't know if we will be doing the right thing for ourselves and horses, so which yard would you choose?

Yard 1 (current yard)

Fantastic 60 x 30 sand and rubber school
American barn style stables
Locked tack room and toilet
not really enough grazing for the 7 horses that are there but managable
Hacking quite good
Fencing not good, but getting better
security could be better
And one BIG problem, we don't get on with one other livery that is on the yard and it's making an atmosphere which isn't very pleasent.

Yard 2

20 x 40 sand school although needs a hell of alot of work to make useable as two 15m circles of grass have grown in it!
Stables ok
locked tackroom and toilet
Plenty of grazing with good fencing
Hacking quite good
Good security
Owner is very cautious about our horses, and things we do upsetting her horses as they event.

We have to decide whether it is worth putting up with the atmosphere which comes and goes on yard 1 and have facilities which we feel are great, or move to yard 2 where to school is going to take ALOT of work to make right, facilities aren't half as nice but there is just myself and the_stropster with the yard owners horses so no-one to fall out with!

So what would you do?

Smash

Visit site
Do you get on with everyone else other than this one person where you are now? Are there issues between her and anyone else? How often is this person there when you are?

Price difference between the two? Which is easiest to get to?

Gingerbird

Visit site
I'd stay where you are, purely because if the owner of yard 2 is precious about her horses and how you affect them you may find yourselves in the same situation as you are now, an uncomfortable atmosphere but with the added problem that she could ask you to leave.

Just ignore other livery you have a problem with an try and stay well away from each other. Thats what I do with the one on my yard that I can't stand and thankfully I have just found out that they will be leaving shortly.

bellaboo

Visit site
artyannie - did make me giggle!!

Smash - We get on fine with the others, there is only 2 others there, the yard owner and another livery, she tends to stick together with the other livery. We all tend to be down the yard at the same times in the evenings

For both my horses yard 1 works out to be £15 more expensive a week and as far as distance goes, there is about 1/2 miles difference!!

ISHmad

Visit site
I agree with the others, stay at your current yard. There are two of you there who are friends, with one problem livery. Don't let her get you down.

malibu211211

How the hell do I know??? I can barely remember my
Visit site
All the hassle at the current yard has got me down so much that I was considering selling Monty and giving up
frown.gif
It has got to the point where I dread going down there
frown.gif
It is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby and it isn't
frown.gif