Whimsical thread- favourite season

Serianas

Visit site
Im just sat here pondering that my favourite season is coming up, I cant wait to ride among the falling leaves, pick blackberrys and sloes, and just generally enjoy the view while we plod.

So here are my reasons for hating the other seasons :D

Summer- eaten by flies, sweaty horse, puts weight on by looking at grass, the heat
Winter- Ear to hoof in mud, school waterlogged, having to school in the dark
Spring- riggy little sod wants to bonk everything in sight, even the wonderful 26 year old ex racehorse called Colin...

Please join me in this whimsy, Im bored lol

Llee94

Visit site
Another Autumn lover.
Cant wait to hack out all wrapped up on a cold autumn morning where the grass is dewy, the leaves are falling and there is the smell of bonfires in the air. LOVE IT!
I even have a specific ride that is reserved for Autumn riding. Don't ask me why, I don't even know, but it has become a sort of tradition as it is so pretty when the leaves are turning golden.

Greylegs

Visit site
Think this thread needs re-naming to "Why do we like autumn" !! I'm another autumn lover. Don't like the heat and flies in the summer and having a highland who's a very good doer, spring grass is a nightmare rather than a blessing. Also - strangely - my normally hairy lad is moulting his summer coat like crazy so actually looking forward to his thick winter one arriving. I can run my fingers through it on cold days and I really quite enjoy clipping ...

nato

Visit site
Love autumn! No headshaking, horse is a little bit fizzy (which she needs) as it's getting chilly, full clip (yay less grooming) and cosy rugs. Also all the leagues start for showjumping and dressage again!

Gift Horse

Visit site
I like all the season as they begin .
But I don't like Febuary time when the fields are at their wettest .

I agree, I also like all the seasons. I like cold wether and hot weather but hate wet wether. Long periods of rain get me down whatever the time of year.