whippet harnesses

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
my little boy isnt ready to go for walks yet but which harnesses would whippet/lurcher owners recommend. have been told the ruffwear webmaster is the best but is quite expensive considering i will have to get a bigger size eventually...i have an ordinary harness but heard that whippets wriggle out of them easily and am now panicking i will lose him when i eventually take him for a walk

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i had looked at those and measured my boy and the small would be too big even allowing for rapid growth in the near future..the ruffwear ones go down to extra small and would fit him now but at £68 i wanted to try and find a cheaper option, and was hoping someone might be able to recommend.

Flyermc

Visit site
i had looked at those and measured my boy and the small would be too big even allowing for rapid growth in the near future..the ruffwear ones go down to extra small and would fit him now but at £68 i wanted to try and find a cheaper option, and was hoping someone might be able to recommend.

If you know which type would fit and dogs grow out of them, have a look on FB market place/ebay for a second hand one that might fit?

planete

Visit site
Use a strap with a clip at both ends to link the harness to the collar. This is what we do with the lurchers as they may occasionally back out of an ordinary harness.

Annette4

Visit site
With babies I just use cheap ones until they finish growing, Aldi and PAH do cheap versions of webmasters if you need one but it depends on the dog. Dobby didn't wear a harness until after his reactivity started (over a year old) and Fizz didn't learn to get out of them until she was 3yo.

skinnydipper

Visit site

Buy the Webmaster that you know would fit him and sell it once he has outgrown it?

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
pic of the harness i have got, it it nice and soft and fits well with loads of adjustment so should be the only harness i will needas i will get a proper whippet collar once he is a bit bigger... i found a very quiet walk so he had a great time investigating the grass etc..so have only used a lead for a few minutes then let him off, did this a few times trying to reinforce recall..he was really good but i know it wont last..

harness.JPG