whippet's

jewel

Visit site
ok i'm trying to talk oh into letting me have another dog, we have a JRT at the mo. we use to have a lurcher but i had to rehome her as we were about to be made homeless, as it happen we got some else. i so wish we could have her back
frown.gif

so he like whippets/lurchers/ greyhounds. but as we have one dog already i think a whippet would best.
so what are like with children, other animals birds, small furries etc?
also any other advice you think i need

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
Nooooo you need a rescue greyhound
grin.gif
(sorry, I am obssessed as you may have noticed
tongue.gif
)

Any decent rescue organisation will make sure that your dog (whether whippet or greyhound) will be compatable with your JRT
smile.gif

As far as small children are concerned, I have found that mine CAN be slightly irritable but again, the rescue org will find you one which is safe with small children if you specify that to them
smile.gif

Animals/birds/small furries - hmmm, well, the two whippets I had were more effective and lethal than any of the greyhounds or lurchers I have had
crazy.gif
At the end of the day, they are sighthounds and are bred to chase
crazy.gif

But all in all they are absolutely fantastic dogs to have around, very very easy to have around the house as they are so laid back and enjoy sleeping, they love their walks and sprint around but dont need loads of exercise every day
smile.gif

There are lots of other whippet owners on here who will also have really good advice
smile.gif

filly190

Visit site
I have a whippet and a rotti and they make a lovely pair, my rotti is extremely gentle and soft with the whippet and I knew that from previous experience of the rotti with other dogs.

It depends on how your terrier is, does he play rough as a whippet pup may not like this. From my experience with whippets they dont like to get roughed up and that would be the only thing that may be against your terrior.