Whippets.

Leo Walker

Visit site
The whippet "Get up, I want Outdoors, a wee and breakfast!"
Me "Its 6am, Sunday, you're 10, so technically a pensioner, you did an 8 mile walk yesterday and s** off!"
The whippet "I'll just shove my pointy nose right up your...oh good, you're up!"

Mine wont get up before 11 unless they are made to! My OH comes in about 6.30 and they don't greet him unless I get up as well. The oldest has missed loads of morning walks by refusing to get out of bed to go. They are the laziest creatures I have ever met!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Exactly what I'm after! I have promised OH a terrier next (god help us) but after Dobby I'm desperate for something pointy but more trainable.

you want a Lola! Whippety shape, likes beds and sleeping, but totally different personality. Wants to please you and incredibly trainable. I'm still surprised sometimes when I ask her to do something and she just does it!

paisley

Visit site
Mine wont get up before 11 unless they are made to! My OH comes in about 6.30 and they don't greet him unless I get up as well. The oldest has missed loads of morning walks by refusing to get out of bed to go. They are the laziest creatures I have ever met!
God, I wish! The dirty looks all day when I refused to go out for hours during Storm Dennis!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
blazing saddles......you have made me yearn for a sight hound even more. i was so distraught when i lost my last lurcher i couldnt face having another so got my little terrier, but i now could face having another and would really like a whippet/collie like my first lurcher ....i think that when my collie cross is no more i will be looking...

{97702}

Visit site
blazing saddles......you have made me yearn for a sight hound even more. i was so distraught when i lost my last lurcher i couldnt face having another so got my little terrier, but i now could face having another and would really like a whippet/collie like my first lurcher ....i think that when my collie cross is no more i will be looking...

SG if you fancy a whippet sized lurcher, absolutely beautiful, approx 4 years old, brindle girl, mad as a box of frogs..... just let me know!

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
We
Aw, such a beautiful face. Finn would have been 15 years old yesterday, a Valentine’s Day litter. I picked him as he picked up a brush from a dustpan and brush set, brought it to me and let me take it. He was a good retriever all his life and OH would take him shooting where people often had to swallow their rude words when he eyeballed a bird, shot off and brought it to hand super fast! He also graced the cover of Countrymans Weekly 10 years ago, and did very well in his brief showing career,which he found very boring.

Show us his Vogue cover, pretty please..?

{97702}

Visit site
thankyou for the offer levrier but my collie cross is too old to have to put up with a lively lurcher.....hope her leg isnt too bad...

To be honest much as I complain about her, I just couldn’t..... I love her far too much!

I think bute and box rest are coming up, it looks like a tendon or ligament injury ? she doesn’t seem too bothered thankfully

g16

Visit site
I got my show line whippet 5.5 yrs ago and I’ll always have one, he’s incredibly easy. He’s too tall and too long despite being KC. Even though he’s show bred he’s a keen (but not very good) hunter. He was difficult to train as he’s not foody or toy oriented but has pretty much perfect recall. He’s happy to walk all day or not leave the sofa. He gets on brilliantly with the cat and is happy being left when I’m at work. I’ve just taken on a rescue lurcher (likely whippet, greyhound,collie,sbt mix!) Who is completely different!

Daughter of the Moor

Visit site
Whippets are the best. I have had four and some crosses as well as terriers and mongrels. Now I would never have any other breed.They are the most affectionate, easy breed. My current two are rescues so sadly no idea what their breeding is. Most whippets are tough as old boots but as they have become more popular in recent years some so-called breeders are not screening for problems and some have health problems, heart murmur is one to look out for so if buying a puppy make sure it's from a reputable breeder who health screens

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
for anyone who is looking for a whippet i saw one on pet4homes last night. he is grey, 10 months old and kc reg, great grandfather is strike while the irons hot for anyone who is into breeding. he isnt far from me and i was very tempted but must think of my old dog so regretfully he will not be coming home to me. he is in saffron walden if anyone is interested.