Whisper, Shetland stolen from Biggin Hill!

Fragglerock

Visit site
I'm not sure that's a massive mileage in 10/11 days? Glad she is home safe and well

What good news, that's her and Mungo the spaniel in a couple of days.

It's a very busy part of the world with some major roads to negotiate and though not a great mileage as the crow flies I can't see her getting there without being spotted along the way. A detour would have taken her along the M25!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I am aware of that I wasn't suggesting anything more than responding to those who said it was a long way for an old pony to travel.

jubum

Visit site
Sorry forgot to update this in all the excitement on her return....

Whisper was definitely stolen, why ? We really don't know and have puzzled over it for some time.... She was found in an area with lots of tethered horses / coloureds.... now I will say no more on that...... all we do know is that after a hellfull 10 days we have her back as someone saw her wandering at the side of a road, by fields.. with a leather belt / collar on her neck, tied with bale string....... Jackie of Kent Horse Watch, who has been an absolute godsend , said we would find her within 20 miles....... and there she was, about 10 miles away.

Horse theft DOES happen, I really didn't think it did.... but we were victim to it....
Whisper can be prone to laminitis, so summer time is managed with a muzzle..... she is always stabled overnight... don't think there would be cause for anyone to think she needed to be rescued....

I am just so glad we got her back, she is now back to her old self, a cheeky Shetland, who we think the world of...............

It seems the rest of the community rode those waves with us.....we simply cannot believe the amount of people who got behind us ......

Truly overwhelmed with it all.

Cecile

Visit site
Sorry forgot to update this in all the excitement on her return....

Whisper was definitely stolen, why ? We really don't know and have puzzled over it for some time.... She was found in an area with lots of tethered horses / coloureds.... now I will say no more on that...... all we do know is that after a hellfull 10 days we have her back as someone saw her wandering at the side of a road, by fields.. with a leather belt / collar on her neck, tied with bale string....... Jackie of Kent Horse Watch, who has been an absolute godsend , said we would find her within 20 miles....... and there she was, about 10 miles away.

Horse theft DOES happen, I really didn't think it did.... but we were victim to it....
Whisper can be prone to laminitis, so summer time is managed with a muzzle..... she is always stabled overnight... don't think there would be cause for anyone to think she needed to be rescued....

I am just so glad we got her back, she is now back to her old self, a cheeky Shetland, who we think the world of...............

It seems the rest of the community rode those waves with us.....we simply cannot believe the amount of people who got behind us ......

Truly overwhelmed with it all.

Unbelievably happy for you, even my husband was over the moon with Whispers return.

Yes I know theft does happen, the recent Redwings mag talks about Yogi who was suspected stolen from their Ada Cole site (Why just take Yogi is a mystery to them too) but thankfully later found and the recent case of a 2+ month foal was taken from a stable and the owner is desperately trying to locate/find it

Hugs to Whisper and well done to you, your daughter and all the people who got behind you and helped - enjoy your excitement, you deserve it!