White breeches for fat thighs

Wimbles

Visit site
I think that I probably know the answer to this but just in case, does anyone know of a brand of white breeches/jods that won't make my fat things look like sausages in badly fitting skins or should I just stick with beige?

I'm chunky anyway but have a condition that leads to huge swelling around my knees so it basically makes it look like I don't have knees and white and tight does not lend itself to a nice photo, which is quite frankly, all we can hope for in the dressage arena.

I think possibly in my haste to "fit in" with the big, bad world of dressage that I will end up standing out even more if I go in and buy blindly!

be positive

Visit site
I think beige is much more flattering for competitions. Unless you are very young and slim....just my opinion.

So do I, white is so unflattering I have no idea why so many people want to wear it, at lower levels tweed and beige looks so much smarter than navy and white, most judges, especially old school ones, will be pleased to see you correctly turned out.

Bernster

Visit site
I’m another who would step away from the white! Beige and navy/tweed depending on the weather. The no jacket thing during the hot weather did not help my look!!

Wimbles

Visit site
Oh these replies are just music to my ears!! I have usually gone for beige and tweed because it just looks a lot less forced and, well quite frankly, unpleasant. I shall embrace the tweed and trot on!

Griffin

Visit site
I love beige and tweed. I have a nice pair of Shires Wessex beige jodhpurs and they were very reasonably priced. So much nicer than white sausage legs.

Wimbles

Visit site
Is this get up Ok?
Hq7fvom.jpg

Abacus

Visit site
I can't see well enough in the photo for the fine details (is your stock coloured, because it should be?) - but the overall picture is lovely. Wouldn't say you are fat either, and you and the horse look great. Enjoy the tweed look!

be positive

Visit site
Looks good, much more subtle that most and you can still use a bit of bling on the horse if you want, I would probably wear brown gloves rather than black and if the stock is white rather than cream that needs changing.

Wimbles

Visit site
Wow, it's amazing what a little post can do for alleviating your fears. I now feel so much more positive about trotting round Aintree on my ginger giraffe!

I've got my navy spotted stock which will hopefully go with my navy hat so I think that I will probably put that on and I've just purchased some new brown gloves for hunting this season so hopefully those will work too.

Really glad that I asked now, thank you everyone!

Batgirl

Visit site
I say ****** it and wear what I fancy, I'm a size 20 and I wear white, you know why? Because I don't look at other people and judge them for being to fat for the colour of jodphurs so generally think other people don't either.

eggs

Visit site
I've got a few pairs of white breeches but they have never been worn!

I use beige or stone breeches for competing. This is mainly because I prefer my tweed jacket to my black or navy jackets as it fits better.

Wimbles

Visit site
I say ****** it and wear what I fancy, I'm a size 20 and I wear white, you know why? Because I don't look at other people and judge them for being to fat for the colour of jodphurs so generally think other people don't either.

Love this too!!! You look absolutely amazing on your photos in your signature! My thighs really are hugely unusually unpleasant though lol!!! I just hate them in photos so need to go for the best option as when it's up in my living room, I don't want it putting me off my dinner!! ;)

Annagain

Visit site
Love this too!!! You look absolutely amazing on your photos in your signature! My thighs really are hugely unusually unpleasant though lol!!! I just hate them in photos so need to go for the best option as when it's up in my living room, I don't want it putting me off my dinner!! ;)

I really can't see anything untoward in your photo above so I'm sure your perception is worse than the reality. I totally understand and agree with wanting to wear something that makes you feel as comfortable and nice as possible though and am glad the beige jods do that for you.

Good luck for your dressage!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I was once writing for a judge at an unaffiliated dressage competition. The competitor was riding a cob type and the riding was wearing tweed and beige jods. As the rider did a lap of the ring the judge said, "I just can't help myself, I think its lovely to see a well turned out pair, her choice of outfit really suits the horse".

AFB

Visit site
I hate white with a passion, mainly because I've never had the figure for them, but I also don't think they look particularly nice even on those skinny teenage showjumpers! Beige or stone all the way for me.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I have some really nice pale cream breeches which are much more flattering than white. There is a woman in my ex riding club who was very very overweight who insisted on wearing cheap white which was a bit see through and black knickers!! it was not a good look. She was also very opinionated thought she knew everything and was actually not very bright (that is being polite)!!

Surbie

Visit site
I can't tell you how huge my relief is at this thread.

I have bought white jods and gloves. I feel like an idiot in them and I hate them with a passion. Beige and either navy or tweed (preferably tweed!) is soo much more my thing. And it'll suit fattus cobbus too.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Just for another opinion (I quite like white :eek: think it looks smart) but as a fellow short stout legged person, I went for white with a grey seat and think they are super flattering...

20882751_684179155101281_3618666126004456722_n.jpg

However I definitely think just wear what you like the best that's within the rules, love a good tweed, beige combination :).

ihatework

Visit site
Ive never worn a white pair of breeches in my life and never intend to.
Beige/stone all the way, looks great with tweed or navy especially if you can match tones with your stock.

hollyandivy123

Visit site
Just for another opinion (I quite like white :eek: think it looks smart) but as a fellow short stout legged person, I went for white with a grey seat and think they are super flattering...

20882751_684179155101281_3618666126004456722_n.jpg

However I definitely think just wear what you like the best that's within the rules, love a good tweed, beige combination :).

what brand are these?

oldie48

Visit site
14449019_1869899959904442_296604540368006275_n.jpg

Wear what suits you and you feel comfortable in. I love white breeches and I am old and not a size 8 but tbh no-one looks at me if Mr B is going nicely and if he's not going nicely then whatever I am wearing I look pretty crappy anyway! My white breeches do look better with a navy jacket that hides my middle and a lovely stock that hides my double chin but unfortunately neither improve my riding but they do make me smile, which we all need to do a lot more of!

teddypops

Visit site
I like white and I like beige, but I think the cut and thickness of the breeches can make them flattering or non flattering!