White horse bedding quick question

meleeka

Visit site
I did ask once just in case (can’t recall which company) and they even said the difference is the VAT

That’s what I though about normal wood pellets v animal ones, but these are both animal bedding so I’d be surprised if one had VAT and one not.

The difference is £5 on 150kgs so should I just order the horse bedding one? I used be other one last year but I don’t recall there being a specific horse one then

vikkic

Visit site
For the last 18 months I have bought platinum pellets from whitehorseengery.co.uk. I just bought the winter bedding and it is not the same as my last order. These are brown pellets and not very absorbent. Maybe there is a difference between the horse ones and the fuel. I was unaware until now that there was a separate website for horse bedding. I have sent them an email asking why they are so different.

meleeka

Visit site
For the last 18 months I have bought platinum pellets from whitehorseengery.co.uk. I just bought the winter bedding and it is not the same as my last order. These are brown pellets and not very absorbent. Maybe there is a difference between the horse ones and the fuel. I was unaware until now that there was a separate website for horse bedding. I have sent them an email asking why they are so different.

Could you please update when You know? Who’d have thought ordering some bedding would turn out to be so bloomin’ Complicated 🙄

vikkic

Visit site
Yes I will. I thought i was being organised getting it all now. Had trouble last year as a lot of the tie it was not in stock despite them reassuring me there would be no problem over the winter!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

That’s what I’ve just bought. My last lot I bought in February has lasted me until now as horses have been out most of summer. They’re not brown and perfectly absorbent. I have’nt looked at the new ones yet to see it they’re any different but I’ll be annoyed if they’re not the same quality. 😡

vikkic

Visit site
That’s what I’ve just bought. My last lot I bought in February has lasted me until now as horses have been out most of summer. They’re not brown and perfectly absorbent. I have’nt looked at the new ones yet to see it they’re any different but I’ll be annoyed if they’re not the same quality. 😡
Thelast order I received are much darker than the ones I ordered in the summer. I am in conversation with them at the moment to find out why.

meleeka

Visit site
Just thought I’d update. I had this reply.

“For bedding purposes, our Platinum Plus Animal is much lighter in colour and fluffier so you are best sticking with the Platinum Plus Animal over the Platinum Plus.

Premium Bedding is produced in the UK, comes in 10 kg bags and is a slightly bigger pallet. Platinum Plus Animal does tend to be more popular but both are good pellets.”

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
White Horse customer service is none existant. I have had 3 loads where a number of bags have been damaged by being stabbed through by the fork lift used to load. I have notified them & they just send a standard email in reply saying they will investigate. They never get back to you, they never replace the bags or compensate you in any way! They are a waste of time. I've bought elsewhere (SDL) and I had a similar issue & they replaced the damaged bags by personally delivering them to me. They are streets ahead of White Horse & another seller.

9tails

Visit site
For years, White Horse Platinum has been the one to buy. You knew what you were getting, there was no difference in quality. But now they've gone and effed it all up with dark pellets, different products and high prices. I won't risk getting a ton of brown non absorbent pellets so I've gone elsewhere this year and bought Pure, it was cheaper and better quality.

meleeka

Visit site
For years, White Horse Platinum has been the one to buy. You knew what you were getting, there was no difference in quality. But now they've gone and effed it all up with dark pellets, different products and high prices. I won't risk getting a ton of brown non absorbent pellets so I've gone elsewhere this year and bought Pure, it was cheaper and better quality.

I’ve just looked at Pure and it’s a shame they only do full pallets as there isn’t a stockist near me :(

meleeka

Visit site
White Horse customer service is none existant. I have had 3 loads where a number of bags have been damaged by being stabbed through by the fork lift used to load. I have notified them & they just send a standard email in reply saying they will investigate. They never get back to you, they never replace the bags or compensate you in any way! They are a waste of time. I've bought elsewhere (SDL) and I had a similar issue & they replaced the damaged bags by personally delivering them to me. They are streets ahead of White Horse & another seller.

Interestingly I’ve just compared prices and noticed it’s actually cheaper to buy from Pets at Home for the half pallet I wanted, so I might just do that.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve taken some pictures of my last old bag and the new darker pellets that I bought at the summer price. They’re a bit browner/almost pinky colour but not that dark.

Attachments

• 8519B5E6-CC7E-47E3-9D3B-1FE0431F2C53.jpeg
    8519B5E6-CC7E-47E3-9D3B-1FE0431F2C53.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 10
  • 7A04562E-2B5C-417B-85B0-6BD6AE79383D.jpeg
    7A04562E-2B5C-417B-85B0-6BD6AE79383D.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 6341C4C4-B6AC-4ECA-ADEC-6419676B24B4.jpeg
    6341C4C4-B6AC-4ECA-ADEC-6419676B24B4.jpeg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 10

Squirily

Visit site
I am about to switch to wood pellets so this thread is really helpful, I've been getting confused about the different white horse options. For people in the know is there a massive difference in quality between brands? Sorbeo seem to work out the cheapest for me factoring in delivery etc

9tails

Visit site
I am about to switch to wood pellets so this thread is really helpful, I've been getting confused about the different white horse options. For people in the know is there a massive difference in quality between brands? Sorbeo seem to work out the cheapest for me factoring in delivery etc

There is a massive difference in quality between brands, Verdo, for instance, is terrible IME. Plenty of people like Sorbeo, I didn't but I am really fussy and like a pale bed. Sorbeo was pinkish.

meleeka

Visit site
Just another update. I went to my local Pets at Home today and ordered a half pallet for free delivery. They gave me a further 10% off so it came to £172.51, that’s £5.39 a bag as opposed to £6.56 directly from White Horse Energy. The lady in the shop said it’s always worth asking as they can normally do something on the price. I did ask my local feed shop who were only willing to knock 10p off their usual single price.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Has anyone tried SDL solutions? I see them advertise on Facebook
Yes, I've used SDL, the pellets are brown, they are not quite as absorbent as some other makers but the service is first class & they are much cheaper than White Horse.
For my post code I buy a whole pallet & with delivery each bag costs £4.53p.

Last edited:

miss_c

Visit site
I love Balcas Brites, the downside being that I can only find them for sale in the quantity I want from Liverpool Wood Pellets, who have previously had horrific delivery times and customer service. I agree with the above that Verdo are horrific... overpriced and nowhere near as absorbent.

EJJ999

Visit site
Interestingly I’ve just compared prices and noticed it’s actually cheaper to buy from Pets at Home for the half pallet I wanted, so I might just do that.

Which ones did you find at Pets at Home?? Was about to buy a pallet from White Horse but don't want a pallet of brown ugly ones.

meleeka

Visit site
Which ones did you find at Pets at Home?? Was about to buy a pallet from White Horse but don't want a pallet of brown ugly ones.

They are the Animal Bedding ones with the cat on the front that are on whitehorsebedding.com. As I posted above White Horse informed me that these are whiter than the fuel Platinim Plus ones that are on Whitehorsewnergy.com so I think they are the ones that used to be Platinim Plus before they went all brown.
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/platinum-plus-wood-pellet-cat-litter-30l

EJJ999

Visit site
They are the Animal Bedding ones with the cat on the front that are on whitehorsebedding.com. As I posted above White Horse informed me that these are whiter than the fuel Platinim Plus ones that are on Whitehorsewnergy.com so I think they are the ones that used to be Platinim Plus before they went all brown.

Thank you