White Horse Energy wood pellets

9tails

Visit site
Has anyone tried the unbranded ones from White horse?

Yes, they're far better than Platinum Plus IMO and hold the wet patch in a much tighter area. They're much lighter than the last few deliveries of Platinum Plus I received, though I heard that PP have gone lighter again. I've had no issues with the unbranded bags.

Kay Burton

Visit site
For the sake of the experiment, I ordered pellets from 3 different manufacturers. I found different options in an article that reviews and compares pellets from different manufacturers. I hope I like them and do not give a bad smell to the food.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Yes, they're far better than Platinum Plus IMO and hold the wet patch in a much tighter area. They're much lighter than the last few deliveries of Platinum Plus I received, though I heard that PP have gone lighter again. I've had no issues with the unbranded bags.

OT but I have noticed that my latest delivery of Platinum Plus has much stronger bags. They were fine before, but the new bags are noticeably more substantial. The wood has gone lighter than the last lot, too.

9tails

Visit site
OT but I have noticed that my latest delivery of Platinum Plus has much stronger bags. They were fine before, but the new bags are noticeably more substantial. The wood has gone lighter than the last lot, too.

Good to hear. I was sick of three deliveries of the dark pellets I received as Platinum Plus, so took a punt on unbranded. I've been so impressed with them that I've converted at least a dozen people onto them that have hated pellets in the past.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Good to hear. I was sick of three deliveries of the dark pellets I received as Platinum Plus, so took a punt on unbranded. I've been so impressed with them that I've converted at least a dozen people onto them that have hated pellets in the past.

How white are the unbranded? I have been on the blue bags of pure biofuel but notice the green ones are much whiter which is what I would prefer.

9tails

Visit site
How white are the unbranded? I have been on the blue bags of pure biofuel but notice the green ones are much whiter which is what I would prefer.

The green ones of Pure are much whiter, I bought an entire pallet of the things because they looked so good in the bag. Within 6 weeks I'd used 35 bags because they had absolutely no absorbency. My bed looked nice for about three days at the start of using them then it was soaked through and I had to remove loads and continued to remove great swathes of it. My horse isn't particularly wet but those pellets had no absorbency past the initial wetting. Don't do it!

The White Horse unbranded aren't as white as Pure, but they're very absorbent and hold the wet in clumps rather than it pervading the entire bed.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
The green ones of Pure are much whiter, I bought an entire pallet of the things because they looked so good in the bag. Within 6 weeks I'd used 35 bags because they had absolutely no absorbency. My bed looked nice for about three days at the start of using them then it was soaked through and I had to remove loads and continued to remove great swathes of it. My horse isn't particularly wet but those pellets had no absorbency past the initial wetting. Don't do it!

The White Horse unbranded aren't as white as Pure, but they're very absorbent and hold the wet in clumps rather than it pervading the entire bed.

Thanks, my beds don’t look pretty but they seem to be working well for 3 horses and a Shetland. Maybe I just need to suck it up.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I am having a nightmare with them at the moment, they appear to have lost my order. Delivery always a bit hit and miss but this time its awful.