White Jods

aoifemcd

Visit site
I have *finally* worn my full length boots around the house enough that they now zip up all the way (took waaaay too long but it was worth it), but the only pair of white jods I own are very thick material and the boots wont go around them. Can anyone recommend a pair of thin but good quality white jodhpurs (i.e. not see through) that won't break the bank?

I don't compete very often but I'm hoping to do a bit more this year so would invest in a good pair within reason.

Thanks! :)

Anna*

Visit site
I've got a pair of Kyron breeches. Really like them - not to thick but don't show every lump and bump!

puppystitch

Visit site
I have pikeur breeches - the material is pretty thin but also not at all see through! You can usually find white ones in the sale somewhere.

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
I've got a pair of Kingsland breeches that I picked up cheaply in a sale from Dressage Deluxe a while ago. They are thin but are not in the least bit see-through. I have very wide calves for my build so struggle with not only getting jobs to fit but with getting my boots zipped up with anything remotely thick like socks underneath. Kingsland seem to fit really well as they have loads of different styles to fit any size/shaped bod. I usually wear a pair of thin tights under them in winter or just get the thin ankle pop socks so no bulk on my leg or I just go 'foot commando' and use lambswool shoe inserts in my boots to keep my tootsies warm and stop my boots falling away at the heal.

aoifemcd

Visit site
Thanks everyone - I've heard great things about both pikeur and Kingsland before so I'll have a look for them definitely

Newlands

Visit site
I have a white pair of Pikeurs and I do like them but I'm sure still look dreadful but for half the price I also really rate Rugged breeches. I also have a couple of pairs of Montar ones from Hope Valley (but not white) so they may be an option too.

Pie's mum

Visit site
I ventured into white breeches recently, and got a super pair Montar bamboo breeches. They do not show pants and hold everything in!

I've just ordered a couple of pairs from Hope Valley. What's the sizing like? I find it varies so much between different makes!

Puddleduck

Visit site
I've just tmoved to white breeches fron beige. Got a lovely pair of full seat with silicone from Horze. They're really comfy, wash well and weren't expensive. The info said they were dirt resistant and they do seem to stay pretty clean while worn.

Pie's mum

Visit site
I'm a 8/10 dress size. No hips but have a mummy tummy and the 36 fits me

Thank you I got the 36 (too good an opportunity to miss - 2 pairs for £60!!) delighted to find they are true to size. I think I have a new favourite pair of breeches! Also a massive thumbs up to Hope Valley, ordered late Wednesday evening delivered Friday lunchtime!