White Thoroughbred Colt with Chestnut Ears born at stud in South Africa

Eluana

eluana.webs.com
As it's a TB, I'm going to say it's Dominate White causing those markings.
It's easily mistaken for sabino markings in a lesser expression, but can cause all whites like this one, there are actually quite a few in America that I can think of. It is thought to be embryonic lethal in homozygous form though.

photo_jo

Visit site
Coincidently, I saw on the wibsite that my mare's sire stands at the stud too (Woodbrough)!

My brother-in-law bought Woodborough as a four-year-old (might have been three) out of racing and stood him at his stud in New Zealand where he was champion first season sire. ;)

Athena

Visit site
My brother-in-law bought Woodborough as a four-year-old (might have been three) out of racing and stood him at his stud in New Zealand where he was champion first season sire. ;)

Oh my word! Small world hey:) He is such a lovely stallion, most incredible temperament. My friend has the most magnificent grey showjumper by him, beautiful horse. He threw consistent racehorses. He had 3 good ones, Thandolwami (meaning I like you in Zulu), Wood Be Magic, cant remember the other. His horses are all very good looking.

Bright_Spark

Visit site

Really? Thats amazing, I tried to find out some general information on him, but could only find that he'd gone to New Zealand and then South Africa.

My mare was born 2003, so he must have gone around then? I didn't realise he was so young at the time!

Oh my word! Small world hey:) He is such a lovely stallion, most incredible temperament. My friend has the most magnificent grey showjumper by him, beautiful horse. He threw consistent racehorses. He had 3 good ones, Thandolwami (meaning I like you in Zulu), Wood Be Magic, cant remember the other. His horses are all very good looking.

It is a small world, lovely to find someone who knows him. It's quite nice to know he has such a good temperment.

Which country are you from "Bright Spark?" This is what is so amazing about TB's :)
I'm in England. TB's do seem to be so well travelled! I mean Woodbrough is a USA TB (so assume he was born there?), and has been to England, New Zealand and South Africa!

Athena

Visit site
Really? Thats amazing, I tried to find out some general information on him, but could only find that he'd gone to New Zealand and then South Africa.

My mare was born 2003, so he must have gone around then? I didn't realise he was so young at the time!

It is a small world, lovely to find someone who knows him. It's quite nice to know he has such a good temperment.

I'm in England. TB's do seem to be so well travelled! I mean Woodbrough is a USA TB (so assume he was born there?), and has been to England, New Zealand and South Africa!

Yes, he has a stunning temperament, better then your average gelding. Very sweet horse, and good looking, very big build. I know! Some of these horses have been to places we can only dream of ;)