Whitening tips!

Jemayni

Visit site
So what are yours?

My horse has had 9 months off, so couldnt be bothered to wash his tail, I cant get it white now I have started washing again. Have tried alll my usuals to no avail!

So any ideas!

bellgave

Visit site
Blue rinse is great, but only helps a clean horse. I use fairy liquid on tough, dirty stained tails and socks, put it on wet hair neat and really rub in with your fingers for a good few minutes then rinse and repeat if necessary. it really works, but leaves the hair a bit dry, so put some conditioner on afterwards and rinse again!!!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Resorted to good old Fairy Liquid at the weekend on SWUO's disgusting tail and it worked a treat, but as you say did leave it abit dry. Nothing a bit of baby oil can't fix though
grin.gif

jnb

Visit site
Tresemme Clarifying shampoo!
Lather up, leave on for a few minutes, rinse, repeat.
Then use Red Rum whitening spray...cheap, but does the job!

Posinginthelineup.jpg

Accy

Visit site
Purple spray a very samll amount in the bottom of a spray bottle fill with water, wash the tail in a normal shampoo i use pantene then spray the purple spray on leave for a couple of mins rinse then re shampoo and rinse. Works a treat....

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
For really stubborn grass/poo stains try 'Swarfega'. Rub it in & then wash off. It's good enough to get mechanics hands clean so it will clean up stable stains with ease.

josie_s

Visit site
Dirty Beastie is fantastic!
cool.gif
and smells lovely too.
There was a mechanic fixing our wagon one day and asked for some soap and water to wash his hands. They were Black. Got my hands on Dirty Beastie first so give him a squirt of that instead. He said it was much better than the stuff he normally uses.
Also it has a nice smell that you can smell on them when they've just been washed
Eric thinks it smells a bit girlie though and prefers to be a Muck Monster himself
crazy.gif

Janette

Visit site
Hand wash Daz (not on the dock), conditioner, then keep it in a tail bag between washes. The bags by 'tailgator' are excellent.
Also, a really gunky gel type shampoo called 'Brite White' - as endorsed by Lynn Russell. It's so gunky, that when the lid came off in the bag on the way home from Olympia, hardly any came out.