Who’s going to The London Horseshow?

Lady Jane

Visit site
Friday afternoon and evening. It's my first big 'event' since Covid started so let's hope its all OK and I don't catch it. I've had my booster and driving as opposed to train. Very excited!

Shooting Star

Visit site
Judging by the number of tickets being resold on facebook this year with limited interest from buyers even for the most popular performances I’m guessing there will be a lot of empty seats. Such a shame that COVID is affecting it for a second year but can’t say I’d be rushing to go given the current situation ?

WelshHoarder

Visit site
We promised small person back last year we’d go as soon as it was back, and so bought tickets when they were released. Now it’s nearly here, he’s really excited and I’m in two minds, partly really hoping it goes ahead as would be amazing to take him for the first time (and I haven’t been since 1997), and partly hoping it’s cancelled as it feels like a huge risk ?

Assuming we do go, we’ve got tickets for Monday

Bernster

Visit site
I do feel a bit odd with covid going around and likely to be rampant across London. But yes I’m going on Thursday. Will do a test this week, drive down, wear a mask and most of it will hopefully be in fairly large open spaces. But sitting in the arena will ofc be close contact. Doing further tests up to Xmas before mingling with the family.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
We promised small person back last year we’d go as soon as it was back, and so bought tickets when they were released. Now it’s nearly here, he’s really excited and I’m in two minds, partly really hoping it goes ahead as would be amazing to take him for the first time (and I haven’t been since 1997), and partly hoping it’s cancelled as it feels like a huge risk ?

Assuming we do go, we’ve got tickets for Monday
We're the same! I've not been since about 1997 too ? fingers crossed ?

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I do feel a bit odd with covid going around and likely to be rampant across London. But yes I’m going on Thursday. Will do a test this week, drive down, wear a mask and most of it will hopefully be in fairly large open spaces. But sitting in the arena will ofc be close contact. Doing further tests up to Xmas before mingling with the family.
Yup we're driving down too for the same reason

TGM

Visit site
We are going Thursday for the Puissance. Really looking forward to it as it is a Christmas tradition for our family. Daughter (who is now 25) has been every year it has been on since she was born. In fact, even before she was born as I went when I was pregnant with her!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think a lot of the unsold tickets are more due to the location (and a few people selling on fb didn't seem to have factored that it 'oh it's london it will be fine'). For me it's an hour across london from kings cross, for anyone in essex it's an easy drive/ride in. So going from friends house in essex instead for saturday evening, and taking precautions (wearing proper filter mask not my WOW for instance).

Petalpoos

Visit site
I have tickets for Monday, but am waiting until Sunday to decide whether or not I go. I admit I am quite concerned about how fast the omicron version is spreading and the likelihood that there will be large numbers of children at the show. I have had all 3 jabs, but still not sure it will be worth the risk. I think there is a chance that it may be cancelled anyway.

asmp

Visit site
At least quite a bit of it will be on the BBC this year. I’m disappointed not to be going this time but it’s too much of a hassle to get across London.

Muddywellies

Visit site
I'm going, though I was starting to think I was going to be the only one there with all the tickets coming up for sale on Facebook. I'm so looking forward to going, even though the excel is a PITA to get to.

Nicnac

Visit site
Going Friday evening for the Freestyle. Daughter bought me the ticket for Christmas and we have fantastic seats and champagne bar. We are both triple vaxxed and sensible. We are driving and not getting up close and personal with anyone. I will miss the hugs I get from friends who exhibit there and daughter's sponsors but can live without hugs!

For us Excel is far better than Olympia.

chaps89

Visit site
I’d really like to go, Olympia is one of my favourite Christmas activities.
Loads of tickets popping up on FB for sale which make it very tempting.
This close to Christmas though I won’t risk it.
It would be bad enough getting covid any time but a) missing Christmas and b) trying to find horse cover over Christmas would be a nightmare, and that’s only the practical side of thing s, as well as the actual being poorly bit

numptynovice

Visit site
I had tickets for today but have sadly decided not to go. Just don’t want to risk ruining Christmas by catching covid and giving it to the family and we all feel rotten and have to isolate.

Muddywellies

Visit site
We went and had a fabulous time. I was dubious about the new venue but it works better than olympia (worth the extra distance to get there). Looking forward to next year already!