who an explain this to me....

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Okay went into local shop to buy green summer sheet for nag as its his colours and the lady said green is unlucky and nobody wants to wear it. Can anyone explain this as i have never heard of it.

Xx

Capriole

Visit site
its an old wives tale about green being an unlucky colour. Ive heard it before.

Shes also wrong, Ive seen plenty of green summer sheets and I have one too s plenty of people use them. But Im not superstitious at all I guess. Its just a colour....

team barney

Visit site
I've never heard of green being an unlucky colour.

I believe it is considered unlucky to wear yellow in western circles, but I've never heard that about the colour green?

I have a green fleece rug, it is actually one of my favourites and I certainly don't consider it unlucky.

ellis9905

Visit site
i have no idea why but my nans always told me green is an unlucky colour- its obviously a old wives tale/much older generation thing

Capriole

Visit site
yeah my nan wouldnt have green stuff or anything with an Owl on it in the house. But she was a complete mentalist ;)

laura_lor

Visit site
Regarding the green cars being unlucky thing, I was told that it was because statistically green cars are involved in the highest percentage of accidents - something to do with being less visible in country lanes/against trees/grass etc. Whether or not it is true, I do not know.

Why it would be unlucky for horsey bits and pieces to be green is beyond me though...

Isn't green also supposed to be unlucky for weddings?

Nollaig Shona

Visit site
Dunno about rugs, but there's a superstition that a bride should never wear green as it's offensive to the 'wee folk' - only they are allowed to wear green when they marry