Who braved the weather today & what did you do???

libbyandblue

Visit site
The weather was ok with us this morning, torrential rain all night though! i managed to school and go for a quick hack because we have a competition tomorro... in the pouring rain.... but as soon as i turned my boy out and started mucking out, it rained!! and it hasnt stopped! the horses all looked bored by about 12, so we brought them in!

Nickijem

Visit site
It has rained all day here and this morning it was blowing a gale too.
I gave up the idea of riding at about 11am as it still hadn't stopped (I have no school so it would only be a hack). I remind myself that riding is supposed to be fun! And it wouldn't have been much fun today.
Will ride tomorrow though whatever!!

Arabelle

Visit site
Just persistant rain here, but I have had a traumatic week and NEEDED to ride. It has been pretty much frozen solid here and with no school my girl hadn't been ridden for two weeks, so I just put on her rainsheet and hacked her up the hill for an hour, in walk because the ground was waterlogged.
A

Cluny

Visit site
Listened to the wind howling round my house and the rain lashing down through the night last night, thought that todays dressage clinic (in an outdoor school) would definitely be cancelled, but it wasn't! Luckily the rain pretty much stopped today (North Somerset) so managed to stay dry and got warm half way through the schooling session!

meardsall_millie

Visit site
After torrential rain here all night and all day we're going into business running a fishing lake in the field!

As the boys couldn't go out in the field I hacked them both out - my coat, gloves and chaps all sprang leaks so after tucking the horses in for the day I showered and went out delivering cards & pressies to relatives.

Quite a nice afternoon out all in all.

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
We just hacked everything out for 40mins.....to wet and windy for schooling!!!!........
even managed to drag my BF out of bed and make him ride so we only had two each- how well trained is that LOL
grin.gif

soph21

Visit site
I haven't seen my boys since Tuesday
frown.gif
, my mates been doing them for me as we have had a Victorian market thing on with our hog roast, we have been there since Wed, tomorrow is the last day thank god, Im shattered. I worked 14 hours on Wed!
Hopefully going to ride on Monday!

LadyRascasse

Visit site
the mare stayed in but my gelding absolutely insisted on being turned out, and went to get him at 6 and did the bugger want to come in despite the rain did he hell!!!!

i didn't fancy riding as i doubt i would have got in the indoor school so she had a day off and wasn't complaining.

Minnies_Mum

Visit site
I schooled for about an hour early this afternoon, just after the rain stopped. Not sure about tomorrow though, think the school surface will be frozen solid from what I've heard.