Who can I donate this lot to?

benson21

Visit site
I have a load of riding bits and bobs that I have tried to sell and not succeeded, so now I am looking to donate it to somewhere who wold need it. There are numnahs, bits, tack, a couple of fly rugs, etc etc that I now have no need for. Would rescue centres take them? Would they have a need for tack and numnahs?

Alphamare

Visit site
What about eBaying the stuff? Or giving it to friends?
We inherited a bunch of rugs with a horse that we then didn't need so I gave some to friends.

ThePony

Visit site
We are local to the blue cross, so things that ours no longer need, but that have plenty of life left in them, go there. They are always lovely and seem grateful for them. They've had bits of tack that are the wrong size, bits and rugs - all seem to be handy! I'd just find one local to you and give them a bell.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Bransby take everything - they obviously use what they can/need - especially rugs, headcollars etc Other bits of tack the keep and sell on their Open Days so people get a bargain and they get the cash to use for the things they need:)

Try a local Rescue - they may do the same:)

benson21

Visit site
IIRC you're in northern Ireland aren't you? I'm sure crosskennan would be very grateful after the recent rescue they undertook.

No, not me! I am in Ashford, Kent so would like somewhere local. I have tried preloved, ebay, and sold the best stuff to some from here, and now would just like to donate the rest to a charity.

spike123

Visit site
Theres Greenloaming at Etchinghill near Hythe or Brownbread near Hastings and Canterbury horse rescue all reasonably local to you

_Phoenix_

Visit site
I send all my unwanted stuff to use in the Gambia. They are very grateful, esp. for bits.

I met a lovely bloke in the Gambia when I was last there in 2009. His horse was the only one that didn’t look like it was skin and bone.

I keep meaning to send stuff over as I have his address but I don't know if he is still there.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
You could try selling on the Facebook pages ie.

Horse items for sale / loan / swap / wanted Surrey / Hants / W Sussex
http://www.facebook.com/groups/272686906113114/

Horse Store - Sussex
Open group - Anyone can see the group, who's in it and what members post. — horsestoresussex@groups.facebook.com

There must be one for the Kent area - just facebook and someone will advise I'm sure; then if you manage to collect any monies for your items you could donate the money to your chosen charity.

Hope that helps.