Who do you fancy for Badminton 2012?

Puppy

Visit site
I am feeling all over excited about Badminton (in just over a couple of weeks now, Eak!), and all the more so after looking at the updated list of entries. Who do you fancy for it this year? I saw both Comanche and Lenamore at Belton the other week, looking on cracking form (I love to see the veterans doing so well) so I hope they both have a good one :)

kerilli

Visit site
can't wait to see Lenamore in action again, praying the 'no warm up' routine works again (if that's what she goes for) on the canny old soul!
umm, looking forward to seeing Michael Jung even if he hasn't got Sam there, watching Bettina have a crack at 4* again, Toddy (of course), AN (of course, he's on great form this year), FW's two (hope Sir Percy will be an ANGEL in the dressage and really put them up in the hunt), WFP of course on whatever he chooses to take, LC to see if Rayef is back to his best, and Noble Bestman is super classy too... it is going to be a CRACKING year, really can't wait! Loads of others too but can't list all the ones I'm looking forward to watching!
oh, and if a certain HHOer makes the cut... wow. that is going to be fantastic.
gutted that Peter and Henny won't be there, HOW unlucky?

lex2501

Visit site
Last year I wrote my predicted 1,2,3 on a piece of paper before the event started and got it spot on so was gutted I hadn't made a trip to the bookies :mad: This year is so open though. Perhaps makes it more exciting that a lot of the obvious choices are absent being saved for London.

Not necessarily who I think will win, but the ones I am looking forward to watching:

- High Kingdom - look such a class partnership ready for a big result
- Roma ML - this mare can seriously jump!
- Rock Model - exciting (if a little scary!) to watch xc
- Comanche & Lenamore - the old pros :)

Would absolutely LOVE to see Percy pull it out of the bag for FW - he puts so much into the sport he deserves a big title in return :D

Ali16

Visit site
- High Kingdom - look such a class partnership ready for a big result
- Roma ML - this mare can seriously jump!
- Rock Model - exciting (if a little scary!) to watch xc
- Comanche & Lenamore - the old pros :)

Would absolutely LOVE to see Percy pull it out of the bag for FW - he puts so much into the sport he deserves a big title in return :D

Couldn't agree more with these - especially Rock Model.. I love Vittoria, she's mad as you like (had a very long conversation with her and the OH at a BD comp a while ago about the weirdest things we had ever jumped. She won hands down with a dead hippo!).

And yes, would be great to see Percy go well. When Francis fell at the straircase a couple of years ago and cried, I think the whole eventing world cried with him. I have everything crossed for them :)

Doris68

Visit site
Would love a Brit to win but, having seen Michael Jung compete at Fontainebleau in March, I feel he's in with a very good chance - he's quite amazing. Agree that it would be great to see FW and Percy in the top 3....good luck to all competitors, especially the Brits..!!

hcm88

Visit site
Would love a win for Lenamore as I truly think he's fantastic, either that or a v good placing so we've got all the more chance of seeing him at Greenwich.

Other than that I think its high time Andrew Nicholson got a Badminton win - and with his current form and string of horses it's looking especially likely this year.

I too hope Francis gets a good Badminton, Percy really is a fab horse and they deserve a good one.

Others I hope to do well are the obvious Jakata and Buzz. Plus I hope Bill Levett gets a good round too, I do like Hipp and he's pretty much a veteran also at 17.

Gosh so many more too, it's going to be cracking.

Suziq77

Visit site
And yes, would be great to see Percy go well. When Francis fell at the straircase a couple of years ago and cried, I think the whole eventing world cried with him. I have everything crossed for them :)

I agree I'd love to see Francis win - although I can't remember him actually crying, just looking extremely gutted and patting Percy because it was one of those real "argh if only i'd...." slip ups, presumably feeling a hundred times worse as he'd been so ill beforehand. Fingers crossed for them this year!!!!!!

Ali16

Visit site
I agree I'd love to see Francis win - although I can't remember him actually crying, just looking extremely gutted and patting Percy because it was one of those real "argh if only i'd...." slip ups, presumably feeling a hundred times worse as he'd been so ill beforehand. Fingers crossed for them this year!!!!!!

My sister was at the staircase when he fell, there were definately tears. Totally gutting for him and his team, but I'm hoping and praying that they can pull a good run out of the bag this year.

amyneave

Visit site
I would also love to see francis go well. I would like to see Zara and High Kingdom go well, and Nicola Wilson and buzz. I think AN and WFP have such a strong team of horses that they should both feature at the top end of the leaderboard. I'd also love to she Comanche & Lenamore go well. There are so many i'd love to see go well. I'm very excited and think its a wide open competition :)