Who does everyone fancy for the arc?

fankino04

Visit site
The more I see on the racing channel the less of a clue I have lol, heart is with snowfall though as my OH took me to York to watch her win the oaks there. Who do you guys reckon will win?

Visit site
I haven't even looked at the Arc today to be honest. The ground will have a huge say in who wins. But if you go by recent trends then it will be a filly who wins.

I will be watching Kelso instead.

Visit site
OK flicking through the runners and their form.

If a filly is to prevail then I expect it will be Tarnawa. She has form in France on soft ground so conditions won't bother her.

I would take Hurricane Lane over Adayar. Again He has form on soft ground unlike Adayar who looks to be a top of the ground horse.

I also wouldn't discount Mojo Star, lightly raced and shouldn't be too worried by the ground.

Sadly I think the Japanese hopes of winning the Arc have been crushed by the ground. They are desperate to win it over any other race in the world. They need to start producing softer ground horses as their always seem to want it quicker than quick.

Over at Kelso though we have a few nice chances I think! Shame it's such small fields so you wouldn't get each way money.

fankino04

Visit site
My gut has been saying hurricane lane for some unknown reason for the last few days. Such a shame it's been such horrible weather the last few years, went over to watch enable win her first 4 years ago for my birthday, gorgeous weather at Disney on Saturday but windy with rain showers on the Sunday ?. Good luck at Kelso, I have fond memories of pony club H camp there many many years ago ?

bonny

Visit site
All that build up, all the words written about the race and I doubt one person saw that coming !

Visit site
Racing Post pre-race comments - not totally forlorn at a price.

So they had half a clue!

Ach well! My 2 picks were 2nd and 3rd ??

Plus we have done well so far today at Kelso and I still think our best horse is yet to run today.