Who doesn't ride in a snaffle?

Pipkin

Visit site
None of mine are in snaffles. waterford gag and hanging cheek waterford. The cb will **** off with my oh if in a snaffle which even though is highly amusing to watch I feel sorry for him when she dumps him :p the sea is cold in march! :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
My mare is in a plain mullen mouth pelham with double reins and elastic curb. She hates french links, I don't like single joints and she settles much better in a mullen mouth. We went for the pelham after advice from a friend as an aid to helping her find her balance and lighten in her forehand. I had never used one before and am amazed at the difference in her with the pelham - I can be incredibly light with my hands and she listens to me much better than she ever did in the eggbutt mullen mouth she was in previously. I use it as an aid at the moment and in the future once her schooling has come on a lot more would like / need to take her back to a snaffle style (although will be mullen mouth) because I want to do some dressage with her but for now we are both happy with the pelham