Who else got soaked competing today? - was it worth it lol!!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
Friend and I braved it at BCA for some charity show jumping, my boy came 2nd in one class and friend won her class, we both got fastest times in other classes we did and had a pole down each lol!!

Got soaked but have to say that now I have had a bath and chilled out with a big coffee, child in bed...! Very glad we bothered going!!

Who else got soaked and are you glad you went??

Photographer there was fab, pics not up yet but he tood some wonderful candids!!! www.jnaphotography.com if you ever need a good photographer.

Irishcobs

Visit site
I went to a show today, got drenched and it wasn't worth it. The short version was the judge took a disliking to us as we went in the ring and didn't bother to watch my individual show.

Janette

Visit site
I was very lucky, my classes were in the morning, and it began to rain as we were unloading the trailer after getting home (1pm).....
smile.gif

spooks

Visit site
we were planning to go to soham pc show but decided against it after seeing the weather forecast..so we went to watch at the south suffolk show and got soaked there instead lol

Weezy

Visit site
Was supposed to compete, but decided against it when I went up to the showground to look at the ground and within 2 mins was soaked and freezing cold! Of course, hindsight is a great thing and am now kicking myself for not going, BUT the rational part of me knows bailing was the right thing to do!

poggio

Visit site
meeeee
frown.gif
and my poor horse, my dad and my poor poor tack!

but yes it was worth it.. just about ! didnt stay long though jumped two classes and dashed off home.

beh

Visit site
luckily only got wet when loading but was worth it, won and have qualified for RC finals as ind and team
laugh.gif

not_with_it

Visit site
I got slightly wet! Started to chuck it down on the way home though. Everything is now drying out at home.

Yes it was worth it, came 1st and 3rd in the elementary at only her second outing at the level. Shes proving to be a real star.
smile.gif

catembi

Visit site
Took new horse to his first show (with me) & it was only a mile up the road so I rode & o/h came with me on his bike. Got totally drowned, did the practise jump half a dozen times then came home cos he's having teething issues which really show when jumping.

It WAS worth it cos we've now seen how he behaves at shows & in the warm up ring - he's a lot more laid back than my previous horse.

Troggy

Visit site
Got bit soggy doing 75cm and 85cm unaff at Keysoe, had refusals/elimiation in both but not jumped for a while and went in both HC after and got round!
crazy.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
I got a bit wet before going into my dressage at 10am but that was all. Ground was slippy to begin with for SJ but by the end it has dried up and was near perfect.

Hornby

Visit site
Managed to avoid the wet as the weather was really nice most of the day...2 firsts (in hand) and 1 second (equitation ; judge didn't approve of my mare's attempts to be helpful and offer canter at every possible opportunity as she was SURE it was coming up soon...too clever by half). I have now turned them out for the night in massive rugs and necks covers and constant rain...and wondering whether I should have kept them in...???

SpruceRI

Visit site
Got absolutely drowned doing my Combined Training. At one point it got really misty, but unfortunately not enough for the judge not to be able to see me!

We did a cautious jumping round as ground very slippy, but still managed a 3rd in that class and 5th in the Novice 24.

My jodhs are now sporting 'Dalmation' spots from the black sand and rubber school. Lovely!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I got soaked all day, not much fun as I was ill to top it off. Did a local ODE and it was sort of worth it. Baby horsey got a decent dressage, clear SJ. Astonishingly the little bugger jumped everything spooky XC (ditches, water etc.) yet had a massive hissy fit at a very simple straight forward fence! Very odd. So got eliminated! But was allowed to carry on so at least I got my moneys worth. Was pleased he jumped all the proper spooky things. Im guessing the hissy fit at such a simple fence was a weird one-off!

Hope everyone else had fun in the rain!

M

madabout2

We got soaked watching Cahtsworth - excellent spirit though!

Law

Visit site
I got totally and utter drenched- I may as well have jumped in a bath and then got on my horse. Sodden! It was a great day though- first class was busy and we won it- first ever first when there was proper competition- 13 in the class and the judge said it was a strong field! Was thrilled!
laugh.gif
(our only other firsts have been when the class was split junior senior or when we were the only clear in the jumping)
After the first class a lot of people left as it was miserable light rain getting persistently heavier- we had another first for Workers 2ft6, 2nd for Riding club horse out of 5, 3rd in Section D (having got pulled in first so not sure what went wrong there) and third in m&m workers.
The best bit was Mr D standing impeccably well behaved in the pouring rain- he was such a star but i'm paying for it today with a horrendous cold. Vision is fuzzy and cannot stop sneezing
frown.gif
mad.gif