Who else is from Warwickshire ?

skewbald_again

Visit site
Me but not for the last 30 years or so, I'm afraid.
Used to live in Stoneleigh and keep pony at Stoneleigh Abbey Riding School, ah, them were the days :)

JoJo_

Visit site
Used to live in Leamington Spa (still own a flat there but rent it out) and kept my horse just outside Leam near Moreton Morrell but in June I moved back up to Aberdeenshire to live with my mum again.

SuperTrooper what yard do you keep your horse at? Am curious.

ColandMe

Visit site
Of course it counts!!

How is everyone coping with this extra snow we've had :(

Not coping with the frozen pipes to the water trough! On the whole not too bad, the horses have big bale haylage out in the field so they're not hungry but the water situation is a struggle. Luckily I live within walking distance of my field so getting up to them is fine. I am fretting in a minor way that the farmer won't be able to get up with my next haylage delivery, but he has big machinery so he should be able to, and he's not due till Monday, it'll be gone by then....right???

ColandMe

Visit site
I'm just outside Moreton Morrell, South Warks. I am a YO :)

Big thaw comes on Tuesday I think.............followed by lots and lots of rain. Oh the joy of the UK weather!

Oh deep joy! As if we won't have enough water from the melting snow. Still, at least I won't have to worry about frozen water pipes, just rivers of mud!

skewbald_again

Visit site
From twitter, thought this would be the thread to put it on!

PLEASE RETWEET - URGENT West Mids Ambulance Service need 4x4 drivers to get nurses & drugs to patients. Call 01926 310 310

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
Of course it counts!!

How is everyone coping with this extra snow we've had :(

Getting used to lugging water to the field for feeds now which is not a good thing :p Have had frozen troughs for the last week or so now :(

Looking forward to a thaw but not the mud that will follow :rolleyes:

Anybody noticed how us horse owners are never satisfied? Too cold, too wet, too muddy, too much snow and occasionally too hot :p :D