Who else is off to the PC Champs? An area report

measles

Visit site
We are one of the (if not the) latest PC areas to have our qualifiers and, two weeks to the day of our qualifier we'll be off to the Championships again this year :D

The open area SJ is always first thing in the morning and we were up at 5am to get Saffy plaited as I don't trust her not to rub them out over night. We set off and didn't really expect the amount of traffic we encountered so we arrived in perfect time for A to scoot around the course and then hand in the open individual tankard he and Saffy won last year, then tack up.

Entertainingly after the competition A was 3rd in the turnout competition so I claimed that rosette due to my handiwork and, if I say so myself, rather neat threaded plaits ;)

I did wonder if the horses might object as a hotel is being build right on the ringside and there were drills, saws and you name it going on during the competition but actually none of the horses seemed to bother. A was last in of our team, and we already had two clears in the bag before he jumped another with Saffy. She has not been out very much recently (hence no reports) as A has been concentrating on the young irish horses he is producing and I have been busy getting B and his little ponies out. However, she jumped like the pro she is and we finished round one on a zero score.

201208010837184.jpg

During the second round for which the course was altered and they included a treble and big last upright on a turn from the gate, the same two other team members jumped clear again and Saffy did the same so the team finished on a zero score and won.

201208010837187.jpg

I must be honest and say they were the only open team and so would have won regardless, but they did finish on zero with our three members therefore claiming the individual places at the Championships. Our team (A and another member being in the team from last year) were second in the open Championships last year and recently the same team minus A were second at the PC team competition at Hickstead, so we have everything crossed that perhaps it won't be a case of always the bridesmaid and never the bride! :D

Our members had to jump off against each other and A was second this year with the fastest time in the third round jump off but Saffy did what she is prone to around the 1.15/1.20 mark and jumped too big into the last double of uprights, made up too much distance and breathed on the second upright coming out. Still absolutely delighted with her though as she hasn't been to a show in a while and for a pint sized person she doesn't lack the heart or scope. :D

So, who else is off to the Championships which are at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire this year and in which discipline?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Well done. She looks a lovely clean jumper.

I think our pony club novice dressage team got through, certainly some individuals did if not the team. (I got caught up writing etc so can't remember the results!). My stepson wasn't there.

We should all have a meet up at Cholmondley!

EventingMum

Visit site
Very well done indeed. Sadly I missed all the action - I made it to the area event where we had an individual qualify in the intermediate and then went to Hopetoun on Saturday. I was going to post report but can't cope doing it on my phone as since Sunday I've been stuck in hospital. Son deputised for me with our

EventingMum

Visit site
Sorry pressed button too soon!
Son deputised for me with our Int team who came a creditable 4th (new partnerships this year) Our dressage riders suffered with the building and the two nearest the construction site had big spooks when there were loud bangs.

Good luck to everyone going to Cheshire have fun - doubt I'll be making the trip south with our eventer but will hopefully be up and about by then!

EventingMum

Visit site
Measles - thank you, a week in hospital is driving me crazy especially when the Olympics are on - the other ward occupants prefer Jeremy Kyle on the tv but son has it recorded for me getting home. Hopefully things will be diagnosed soon, the lumbar puncture today was an experience I hope never to repeat - seemingly my spine wasn't cooperating! I've started a 3 day course of iv steroids tonight and as the doctor predicted now can't sleep hence the late night posts. I'm keen to be able to give son moral, if not practical. support at Eglinton with young horse at the weekend as he says he won't go if I'm not there so hope the doctors agree to let me out next week. On top of all this our good horse has been off and our vet now wants him referred to vet school - definitely not our year!

measles

Visit site
What a nightmare for you, EventingMum. The ward sounds as though it would test anyone's patience. Get well soon and out to Eglinton. Sorry to hear about your exp horse. What is wrong with him? Hope it's resolved and he can get out to play again before the end of the season.

EventingMum

Visit site
He's lame, at first the vet agreed that it looked like an allergic reaction after a trip to the beach then inflammation went done so an abcess was suspected and so he was pouticed, they're still drawing a little but he is also still hopping lame so vet wants him referred to Glasgow Vet School - poor boy is well known there after his broken jaw last year and some tests earlier this year too. He was entered for Burgie and Hopetoun but this season's not looking good now however he owes us nothing and will get whatever's best for him. Young horse had 1st run at Burgie and behaved well, slightly disappointing dressage due to stage fright, one down sj and clear xc (with time penalities). However he had really learnt from the experience come Hopetoun - 23 dressage (10 ahead of the rest in his section!), one down sj and clear xc albeit with time penalties (he's not ready to go faster yet) to finish 2nd so we do have things to smile about too!

measles

Visit site
He's lame, at first the vet agreed that it looked like an allergic reaction after a trip to the beach then inflammation went done so an abcess was suspected and so he was pouticed, they're still drawing a little but he is also still hopping lame so vet wants him referred to Glasgow Vet School - poor boy is well known there after his broken jaw last year and some tests earlier this year too. He was entered for Burgie and Hopetoun but this season's not looking good now however he owes us nothing and will get whatever's best for him. Young horse had 1st run at Burgie and behaved well, slightly disappointing dressage due to stage fright, one down sj and clear xc (with time penalities). However he had really learnt from the experience come Hopetoun - 23 dressage (10 ahead of the rest in his section!), one down sj and clear xc albeit with time penalties (he's not ready to go faster yet) to finish 2nd so we do have things to smile about too!

Horses! Who'd have them..? I hope it turns out to be something easily resolved once they get to the bottom of it. Your young horse sounds like he's on the sort of upward trajectory usually only dreamt of :) Second at his second event with a dressage scope like that is not to be sniffed at! Get well - and out in the mud again - soon.

Eventer96

twitter.com
Congratulations!! :) We're off to Cheshire too, having never been to Pony Club Championships before! We're travelling up on the 15th competing in the Intermediate dressage on the 16th then travelling back on the 17th :) Best of luck!

TheoryX1

Visit site
Huge well done to your team and another one off to the Champs. Our Open Dressage team, of whch Mini TX is a team member is off there. We are driving upo on the 16th, Open Dressage is on the 17th and driving home on the Saturday. Do come and find us. as would be lovely to meet some HHOers.

Good luck to everyone competing at the Nationals. I love it. This is the third time we have gone and the last time in 2010 our open dressage team pulled a team and individual win out of the bag, with Mini TX 3rd in her arena, so Nationals we we come!!!!!!! We both cant wait.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Rosie will be there with the team for the Open Eventing. It's the same team as last year except Rosie is riding Bolly instead of Frodo - he's hardly been out since Isleham and wasn't brilliant at Areas so we all have fingers crossed for as good a result as last year :D.

Old Bat

Visit site
Good luck to everyone at the Champs....we've been two years running with the mounted games team and the atmosphere on site is fantastic. We're off to the Novice Champs this year show jumping which daughter is immensely excited about!

Mistatiger

Visit site
I'll be there Measles. I am trainer for the South Northumberland and we have one individual qualified fir the int dressage and two individuals for the int eventing. Hope we can chat if we manage to make the connection!!