who has revamped their horsebox living?

birchave0

Visit site
Themselves?????

I'm after some ideas and inspiration, mine only has basic day living but it's very dated, carpet on the walls etc. So I'm looking to give it a bit of face lift, new blinds, seat covers, wall coverings, and the like.

It's only a little box/living so just really so handy hints on materials, best place to buy stuff and the like :)

thanks in advance and pictures would be lovely lol

Tangaroo

Visit site
Sorry cant do pics but i did mine up. I got the curtains from a charity shop, material for seat covers from old duvet cover, also from charity shop. Bought a new blind from B&Q. A wardrobe from adtrader and cut the back of to make it slimline.

vam

Visit site
i have but it was a complete over haul.
Pic here http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=496948

I will say that i am now undertaking the task of sorting out curtains and the seat and have found the internet to be very useful. I have found somewhere that does curtain for lorries so need to get the measurements this weekend for a quote. I think you could prob get them done anywhere as long as you have got the measurments.
The seats are going to be foam, my oh knows someone who can cut them to size and we are going to cover them oursleves (oh is a dab hand with the sewing machine apparently, ;))
If your looking for stuff there are some good horsebox places but most of them are more expensive so its worth shopping around, if you know what you want you can prob find something similar for less.
Im sure others can give you a better advise, if not so a search on hear for horsebox livings and you prob find loads :)

Nic

Visit site
My very handy Dad did ours. Kitchen, blinds, wardrobe(larder unit) all from B&Q. Caravan sink/hob combi from internet. U shaped couch/pull out double bed made by Dad. Lino from local carpet shop.

We didn't have to worry about weight though, so could use normal kitchen units.

scribble

Visit site
I did my little Man lorry when we had iot, put new wood floor style lino down in one section and glued it down, used a new quilt cover and velcro to make cushion covers, got campstove for kitchen and kettle, picnic ware from supermarket when they were selling thier summer stuff off. cupboards form b and Q flt packed cheap but looked fab. opnly thing i will say is with units etc watch the weight.

perfect11s

Visit site
Themselves?????

I'm after some ideas and inspiration, mine only has basic day living but it's very dated, carpet on the walls etc. So I'm looking to give it a bit of face lift, new blinds, seat covers, wall coverings, and the like.

It's only a little box/living so just really so handy hints on materials, best place to buy stuff and the like :)

thanks in advance and pictures would be lovely lol
good supplyer is www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk they do everything including wall boards and the furniture board .....

humblepie

Visit site
Not a revamp but did ours from scratch. As per others, caravan stuff very good as lightweight, particularly caravan wall linings. We acquired from a mixture of places including an oven out of a field full of about 30 scrapped caravans! We have blinds just from Bensons, I think. Haven't ever finished the floor covering, currently just have a carpet that was stored in the loft. Ours is practical rather than glamorous so no inspirational ideas from me.

birchave0

Visit site
thanks for all the replies!!!
I'll check out the links, my main question was over replacing the carpet on the walls for something lighter and washable. We need new cupboard doors too but I'm sure B&Q will have something suitable, we only have one kitchen unit ;)

The existing cushions will just recover I think or maybe with a deep clean may come up like new.
I'm going to go for blinds for the window, and maybe the small window on the door. Then I want some curtains made to cover the cut through from the cab :)