Who is riding old boys?

Wooleysmum

Visit site
I have not been on here for a long time! Still riding Wooley, 29 year old cob. Just been for a hack up the woods. Who else is riding an old boy? Our combined age is......85!!!!!

Mariposa

Visit site
One of our polo ponies is 20 this year, he is not only the naughtiest pony in the entire string ( very nearly bucked me off last weekend the little hooligan) but he is also the sweetest. We are actually retiring him from polo so he can be a hack, even though I'm sure he'd play on and on if he had the chance!

RubyR

Visit site
This is good to know because I have started riding a 22 year old ID x TB with a view to taking him on loan and he has been great to ride especially hack. I think he'll be good for me to get me back into regular riding after having two babies

Cragrat

Visit site
25y/o TB- just been given new lease of life with bute. She had been getting a bit stiff, especially on damp or cooler days. She has been on joint supplements for a couple of years, so the vet suggested trying bute - fanatastic! She is really swinging along again. She loves hacking out - she hates being left in the field or stable, even when she was feeling stiff. The problem is in her head she is still a nutty 4y/o!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
My friend's 30 year old cob very naughtily deposited her rider last weekend; I swear she was smirking as she did it.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Mine is 22 (exmoor). Hopefully on Sunday he'll be ridden by a smaller adult, who needs to get her nerve back and he's a good boy, like that. :)

Mariposa

Visit site
Is Mariposa (your username) the name of the pony? I used to ride one at Rugby with that name who was a notorious bucker but was my fave!

The naughty ones are always the best! But no, my boy is called Toque- he is a total sweetheart 99% of the time but man can he buck ( and at speed!!)

Mrs B

Visit site
These are a couple of pics (apologies to those who've seen them before!) of my Mum taken when she was about 78 and Benji about 28 ... They used to ride out with me 4 or five times a week.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

ChiffChaff

Visit site
Mine is 20 and still going strong! A bit too strong sometimes...I spent some time yesterday trying to convince him not to bomb over a small cross pole at warp speed...gave up pretty quickly and just enjoyed it, he was having a ball! Another livery couldn't believe it when I told her he was 20 :D x

The_snoopster

Visit site
Still riding my old girl who is 27, she still likes to be up front no matter what speed we go. Although I have noticed some stiffness coming in her hocks this year, so will be winding down to lighter hacking (if she will let me)

shah's mum

Visit site
My boy was 36 when he died... I had gently ridden him the year before...And he bolted with me :D tough as old boots..

Run free Shah...:angel:

cider loving mare

Visit site
Doing loads on my 20 year old cob. Jumped the biggest I've ever jumped on him couple of weeks ago (3'3) huge for me. My instructor said he's starting to peak!!! He pulls me about all over the place sometimes!

russianhorse

Visit site
I'm still riding my 24 yo lad, and yesterday had a good old gallop across some empty fields :D. That horse has bags of energy ...... Unlike his 4 yo brother lol :D