who is still muzzling?

SO1

Visit site
Ours have just moved to the winter grazing which has been rested for 6 months and good doer ponies are all muzzled until they have eaten the grass down. As they are on the 1st of 3 rested winter fields I expect he will have to wear his muzzle most of the winter when he is out during the day. He is in at night on soaked hay as well.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Mine still are. I think the big fella will be alright unmuzzled soon, so I'll probably take it off in a couple of weeks. The mini however is still far, far too fat so I think I may have to muzzle him for the whole of this winter :(

cauda equina

Visit site
I am.
The fat boy will wear his muzzle until the grass is too short to eat through it, or until he's looking on the thin side, whichever happens sooner

Doublethyme

Visit site
Me. Took mine of my WB end of summer as we had sheep in field who grazed it down but their removal coincided with the weird spring like grass flush and now the field has been fluorescent green for weeks.

I missed a step and ended up with a mare showing gut issue problems as the grass was going straight through and not enough fibre. So in at night early for winter this year and muzzled with feed and supplements tweaked for ulcer friendly.

But biggest improvement has come by just radically reducing grass intake so muzzle stays for a while yet.

My farrier told me to treat like spring grass.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
My 15.1hh is still wearing his muzzle whenever he is out!! I daren't take it off. We have so much grass at the moment and he is the only one eating it. He is hunting fit though so I'm not too concerned about him being out on it, I just don't want him to gorge on it. If it stays mild, he will be wearing it all winter!!