DarkHorseB

Visit site
Supreme Rock
Miners Frolic
Coral Cove
Oppositon Buzz

are the first that spring to mind. Sure I will think of plenty more though
grin.gif

Lenamore is fabulous have had the pleasure of seeing him a few times and he knows he is something special.

millitiger

Visit site
Darien Powers for me- i was about 12 or 13 when he was at his prime and i totally idolised him.

Little Tiger also looks great fun and very similar to my Millie (v.similar breeding too!) although i am probably way too big for her.

Shrimp

Visit site
Ooo tough choice!
Always liked Lenamore and Miners Frolic, Idalgo always looks fantastic.
Would love to ride Opposition Buzz just to feel (and survive
grin.gif
) that jump!

camilla4

Visit site
Hmm, tricky one. Given a suitable level of riding ability, Miner's Frolic or King William would be great but the one I think that hasn't been mentioned so far who I always thought would be a great ride is Get Smart.

Saints_fan88

Visit site
Ooooo what a Christmas list!! Having seen Miners Frolic in the flesh I'd definitely love him even though he's not quite my 'type' of horse. I also loved Pippa's Primmores Pride and Supreme Rock....and had a big soft spot for that skewbald she used to have - Bits and Pieces iirc.
Emily Llewellyn's top 2 look really lovely rides too
smile.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
Past : Would have to be The Done Thing, really loved that horse, watched him at Locko Park one year, when Midland Bank sponsored the horse trials there.
Present : WFP's Idalgo, really like him...

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Assuming I have 4* riding ability to go with my 4* star choices...

Always loved Murphy Himself and Priceless and Village Gossip.

From the current set, I'd pick Marius, Rock Model and I lurve McKinley the american horse - he just looks so honest.

Gamebird

Visit site
Have given it some thought and I wouldn't say no to most of the horses mentioned (except Murphy Himself - even Ian was scared of that one!
crazy.gif
).

For me it would have to be anything big, classy, honest and straightforward - but I always fancied a go on Biko
laugh.gif

wizoz

Visit site
Not been in here for a while but I feel the need to post which horse I would like
wink.gif

For me, it would have to be Supreme Rock, for his grace, movement, style and jumping ability, he is SO my type of horse.
grin.gif

Others that I wouldn't have said no to are Moon Man, Primmores Pride, Miners Frolic, Tamarillo (but he's a tad too naughty for my liking
tongue.gif
) and probably a hundred or so more
smirk.gif

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Headley Brittania, love her
laugh.gif
She is so fiesty and athletic, compact and superb in all three phases. Plus she is liver chesnut, my fav colour so can't go wrong really
laugh.gif

Tizzy01

Visit site
I will 2nd Tamarillo, I saw him held on course at Burghley once for what seemed like ages in the pouring rain, he then proceeded to pop some massive railway sleepers as if they were nothing!
I also loved Foreign Exchange, he had such a nice way of going!

welshchick

Visit site
I absolutely loved King William. Karen O'Connor's great Biko as well, he was a fantastic jumper. The other horses I also admired/admire are as follows:

Murphy Himself - I would be too scared to ride him, though!
Chesterfield
Star Appeal
Dairen Powers
Two for Joy
Lenamore
Oppositon Buzz
Barry's Best
Over To You
Tamarillo

Little_Miss_1

Visit site
See, my top two are both a bit odd... there used to be a wonderful shire x that did **** a few years back called windpower pioneer that was amazing. completley solid and bold XC. But more recently it would have to be Ava - the one ridden for the Italian team. I have never seen a horse with such a jump. It went round Badminton and made it look like it was jumping round a pony club track on springs! I'd probably get jumped out of the saddle, but if you could stay on, im sure it would be a fabulous ride!

icestationzebra

Visit site
Marius! He is so genuine and kind looking. Wonder if he would like to retire with me and aim for the Pre-Novice olympics instead
wink.gif
That sort of horse would give you the confidence to reach for the moon though wouldn't he?

Those that I love, but could never ride would be:
Opposition Buzz, Idalgo, Miners Frolic, Galan de Savagere (sp?), Armada....

Those from the past:
King William, Sir Barnaby, Moonman, Supreme Rock........

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't get me on Murphy Himself for all the tea in China. Far, far better riders than me have said the same thing.:) I figure he's one of the lucky ones that found the right people at the right time - I suspect most horses like him end up at the other end of the spectrum. I might have a sit on him in an indoor, with all the doors closed, after Ian sorted him, perhaps with a concrete block tied to his leg . . .
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, TS, i disagree. i think if he'd been with an average rider for his formative years, one who made mistakes and missed him at fences and maybe rattled his confidence occasionally, he wouldn't have thought he was so invincible. Ginny was SUCH an accurate rider, i don't think i've ever seen her miss (unlike greats such as even Mark Todd, i've seen him miss badly 3 times) so his confidence and strength just grew and grew.
i guess i would have struggled to hold 1 side of him, but to feel that kind of scope and power over a big fence... wow.

shivpryke

Visit site
its gotta be over to you for the consistency (how many other horses hav a record anywhere near his)
and then tamarillo for a challenge. yes he can be v.naughty but he is super talented if only you could get it all together on the same day!

ajb123

Visit site
Would love to have a "sit on" Tamarillo - remember reading Lucinda Green in H &H when she rode him - she was a bit unimpressed at first but landed up a total convert!!!! I always loved Stanwick Ghost but I think all of Ian Stark's horses have always been the business!