Who is your favourite racehorse of all time?

tilly_monster

Visit site
Saddlers lady- she was my dream horse, she broken her knee in her first race, came back from that but was never the same horse afterward, I cried for days when she broke her leg, she was meant to be going to the sales where I would of brought her but she never got there

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Of recent ones, Loch Song, Persian Punch, Kauto Star and Denman.
Of the oldies and in no particular order, Pendil, Arkle, Classic Cliche, Bustino, Grundy (their race was epic) Desert Orchid, Birds Nest and Dawn Run.
I'm sure there are loads more I'll wish I had included but they're the ones I really remember and admire.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
My all time favourite is One Man. I have posters of him jumping on my bedroom wall and I even bought the video of his 'story' from Cheltenham. Cried for days when he died :(

As a result of John Hales' colours on a grey horse, I fell in love with Neptune Collonges when he ran third in the gold cup to Kauto and Denman, so he also makes the 'team' (cried when he won the National, as much for John as for the horse!).

There's also Suny Bay, Or Royal, Teeton Mill and Senor El Betrutti (you will notice all greys, but I'm not one of those people who always bets greys - OH is a bookie and he'd crucify me if I did that!) and last but not least the only bay in the team, See More Business :) won plenty of money on him at Cheltenham as a child when my old man used to give me £1 to bet with!

Nobody beats One Man though :D
You missed out Pilot Officer.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Forest Ivory, who I looked after at Jackdaws Castle, he was a really "nice person", sad he was sold and ended up running in sellers, when he could have enjoyed retirement as a good hunter.
Viking Flagship, the one and only time I have ridden such a star, he was the trainers hack by that stage, but you were still sitting on a star!

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
I would have to say mine :) closely followed by his sire, zafonic

I would have to say mine too, although I said Arkle earlier. He wasn't as illustrious as his grandfather, Nijinsky, but he was pretty decent. Won 5 times, and placed several times too. So yes, defintely my lad, followed by Arkle! There have been lots of wonderful horses mentioned here, the lists could go on! :)

ozpoz

Visit site
Some of those mentioned already, really memorable horses.
I was thrilled watching the Arc run of Dalakhani, with his inexperienced teenage jockey, the kind of story dreams are made of, and then Sea the Stars a few years later in the same race - now that was something! :):)

Cazzah

Visit site
Love my lad..and loved his Dad, Mark of Esteem. Remember him contributing the Frankie's 7 at Ascot and particularly remember the absolute burst of speed in the Queen Elizabeth at Ascot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3VGX1GcsLk

His great, great Grandad was also Mill Reef who I loved from the picture my Nan had on her wall as a child.

I also loved User Friendly and Lochsong - two fabulous fillies.

Red Rum - goes without saying - and met him when I was 4 and got my picture in the local paper too :)

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
I agree with you about all of them! And have One Man's video and his picture in my sitting room. Was watching the telly the day he was killed, never seen so many grown men in tears. Would like to add Double Trigger, Silver Patriach and Barton Bank

Have texted OH to discuss this and I also threw Barton Bank into the mix! There's horses I just remember following as a child and he was one of them. Also Flagship Uberalles and Florida Pearl :) who I had the pleasure of meeting in Ireland. OH actually cried when he passed away not so long ago.

OH also mentioned Cyfor Malta and Istabraq, and I know my brother's two favourites are Istabraq and Rooster Booster.

My old man sometimes wanders around shouting 'ARKLE ARKLE ARKLE' in an Irish accent (potentially cracking up?!)

claracanter

Visit site
When i was about 10 i think, i had a sweatshirt printed with ' Red Rum rules ok' on the front. I was pretty obsessed by him. My Dad took me to see him at a fete once, we had to drive for hours but I got to stroke him on his velvet muzzle.

Sad , i know!

hoggedmane

Visit site
Red Rum
Also Brigadier Gerard - because he gave me my lovely mare (well he is her grandsire) and because he was a great racehorse.

Mariposa

Visit site
Love my lad..and loved his Dad, Mark of Esteem. Remember him contributing the Frankie's 7 at Ascot and particularly remember the absolute burst of speed in the Queen Elizabeth at Ascot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3VGX1GcsLk

I have a Mark of Esteem mare! Great horses (although mine is v naughty!)

My favourites would be:

Mystiko (such a beautiful horse, will never forget his 2000 Guineas win)
mystiko23.gif

Loch Song - what a mare!
Cape Merino and Cape of Good Hope, who my grandparents bred - when GH won the Golden Jubilee I cried like a baby!

vieshot

Visit site
Limestone Lad. Hes no Arkle but he was the first racehorse that caught my eye and got me keen on the sport many years ago.

TrasaM

Visit site
We have some really special horses about at the moment ( don't know what's wrong with Camelot though) my first memories are also Arkle amd Mill Reef. At the moment I'm looking forward to seeing Sprinter Sacre run again..what a horse!

claracanter

Visit site
We have some really special horses about at the moment ( don't know what's wrong with Camelot though) my first memories are also Arkle amd Mill Reef. At the moment I'm looking forward to seeing Sprinter Sacre run again..what a horse!

Yes, I love Sprinter Sacre too. Makes it all look so easy.

NU ABO

Visit site

Apparently he's just had a colic op, but they're being very vague with details right now.

Camelot has been one my favourites this year, along with Frankel.

And then we have:
Kauto Star
Big Bucks
Neptune Collonges
Nathaniel
Yeats
Canford Cliffs
Denman
Desert Orchid

Also looking forward to seeing how Sprinter Sacre and Grands Crus do this year.

partypremier

Visit site
Esha Ness who won the national that never was.
Rainbow quest
Quest for fame
Red rum
Viking flagship ( had his dams full sister)
Minnehoma
& any that I have had over the years none great stars but all much loved.

redriverrock

Visit site
Esha Ness who won the national that never was.
Rainbow quest
Quest for fame
Red rum
Viking flagship ( had his dams full sister)
Minnehoma
& any that I have had over the years none great stars but all much loved.

My horses grand sire is Rainbow Quest, sire is Spectrum...love this you tube clip Of Rainbow Quest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52MnyRmYUfU with Pat Eddery just taking the P***!
I have to say I am a massive Red Rum fan, still gives me goose bumps watching him.

Shantara

Visit site
Ruffian - Brilliant filly, I don't follow racing, but her story is so inspiring, but sad.
Diamond Mine - Purely because he was SUCH a sweetie pie when I met him.
Viking Spirit - He's at our yard, he's such a nice horse.

ElphabaFae

Visit site
Frankel - I feel privileged to have seen him race at Newbury :D

Also:

Long Run
Kauto Star
Sprinter Sacre
Zenyatta
Hansen
Ruffian
I'll Have Another

& some less well known horses but I still love them!

Quattrocento
Grissom
Fortheloveof Anna
Donttangowithmango
Insert Name Here
Warrick Brown (Who sadly was put down earlier this year :()