Who lives at parents still so they can keep a horse?

Least favourite person?

• Total voters

Lill

Visit site
I still live at home but this is mainly due to my awful job and me not being able to afford a mortgage. My horses cost me precious little and they are not kept at home
grin.gif

jellybaby

Visit site
I don't live at home, and I suppsoeI haven't technically since I went to Uni after my gap year. While I was at Uni, horse was conveniently broken so lived out at home whith Mum and Dad looking after her. While I was on my gap year, I was away in New Zealand for 6 months and bless the old people they paid for her to stay at my trainers for the winter and be got fit for eventing so when I came back it was all done and ready to go.
I moved away after Uni - to Bath and main horse is here with me now, although retired (there are still 2 ponies at home) however, having a mortgage and an OH who lives in Scotland means that ££ is a wee bit tight, so I have a monthly equine allowance.
I couldn't go home to live now, not having ahd my independece for so long - I would really struggle.
JB xx

vicm2509

Visit site
I dont live at home. Im 23 and have my own mortgage, I did share the flat with my ex, when we split I decided to follow my 8 year dream (I lost my last horse 8 years ago) and get another horse. It is very hard though, I live on ready meals, im just about to downsize my car and dont have much spare cash at all. I would not change it for the world though, I have savings incase of horsey emergencies and my best friend has Baron on part loan, which works perfectly. I could never move back home, as nice as my parents are im just too used to the independence. But if I had to choose between keeping my horse or my home my horse would always come first.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I think it does matter where you live in relation to the horses.... I keep mine at livery but I wouldn't keep him more than 20 mins away otherwise you end up spending a fortune in fuel to get there every day....

Ginn

Visit site
Couldn't have a horse and go away to uni without running up huge debts!!

So I decided to stay at home and go to Bristol uni (40 min drive), brought a horse with I afford with my pt pub wages, and as I was at home my 'rents brought me a car and I have no "living" expenses!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
OH & i bought a house together this year, but my horses have stayed at my mums, which although its a 20min drive from home, its free (ish) if you don't count mending fences etc, etc, and means my brother can still use my lorry etc, the plan is to buy somewhere with land in the next few years,

Twiglet

Visit site
My groom is 37, and still lives with her long suffering parents, so that she can do a job she loves and still keep her four retired horses in the life they're accustomed to.

not_with_it

Visit site
Im 20 and still live at home, think I will still be there when Im 40
crazy.gif

Theres no way I could afford to move out at the mo even though I would love a place of my own. The horse is on DIY down the road so ahe takes up all of my money. Im hoping that once I get my new job I will have some money to think about moving out.