Who to insure with ?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Boring I know but daughter has a new horse & he needs to be insured, but who with?

Other horse has been with NFU for a long time, great service but premiums have risen & so am considering having new boy covered by a different company.

Any experiences + or -, either in open forum or by PM please regarding the following companies..... SEIB, KBIS, Shearwater & Stoneways..... I've rules out Petplan as quote was between £60 & £150+ more than anyone else
crazy.gif

(Oh yes.... E&L were obvious non starters
wink.gif
grin.gif
)

Thank you in advance for any & all replies.

jen1

Visit site
I am with NFU and they have been fantastic with my recent claim, after having a nightmare with a car insurance claim (not NFU) I would be happy to pay a bit extra to know that you are dealing with a decent company it's worth it in aggro factor! Friend is currently going though a claim with Carriage House and says that they have been very good.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Thanks for the votes for NFU but I already know about them, it's the other companies, KBIS, SEIB, Shearwater & Stoneways I need to know about.... cheers
smile.gif

Destiny95

Visit site
Hi Can I recommend AIMS? I continued insuring my horse with them when I bought him (I hadn't heard of them before). They appear to be quite a small company but they have been fab over the last five years to me.
Neddy had an old sarcoid which they excluded but then removed the exclusion after 12 months! I don't think you would get with the big boys like Petplan!
I had my tack stolen from the yard - they paid up no hassle. Horse had x rays etc for suspected pedal bone fracture last year (turned out to be an absess) AIMS paid up no hassle.

Can't fault them AND you can talk to the same person in the office next time you call and she even remembered me! Call me old fashioned but this company seems to have got price, customer service and being fair right!

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Second a vote for AIMS they paid out no probs for older cob's ringbone and newer cob who had laminitis badly before i got him has no exclusions. The premiums are very reasonable £50 per month for BOTH inc vets fees!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Many thanks for the replies, I'd not heard of AIMS but I've phoned them & their quote was really good so I'm giving them consideration now................keep the comments coming
smile.gif