Who to turn to re cruelty in picture?

PaulineW

Visit site
A closed group on Facebook to do with naming dodgy dealers, has a post about an individual holding a foal up in the air by its neck and tail. Not sure how the poster obtained the photo, but it looks like a screenshot from the persons profile. Said photo has been deleted from his profile although more acceptable ones of the same foal are easily found.

IMO the poster should report this, but it’s just a screenshot. I’ve looked at the rspca and they only take calls. I have nothing apart from her screenshot, and the persons Facebook profile “address”. WHW will only deal with the person with first hand information..

Can anything be done? I hate that everyone is raging on the post, then it’s back to business as usual and nothing will be done. ?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I reported something, I called then they showed me where to report online, with photos. Can't find that link now, though.

That said, they said they came out but didn't find the horse. It was there to be found and later died. So, wasn't much use!

How strange, not to have an easily accessible report online mechanism.

PaulineW

Visit site
I’m alerting you to the ‘chat’ option on the side of the screen…..
Thanks but I tried everything I could find. The chat was an automated thing that just said to call between 8-8.
The original poster on the Facebook discussion has now raised something with whw, so the ball is rolling.

Ratface

Visit site
My (extremely negative) view of the RSPCA is based on their appalling mishandling of the 2016 Rachel Peel/Arabian horses/sheep/dogs cruelty case. Look up the details on ArabianLines, via Google.
I can't understand, to this day why Ms. Peel didn't go to prison. She caused dogs, sheep and Arabian horses unspeakable suffering whilst they were in her care.
The RSPCA investigated the case, removed the animals that were still (barely) alive to their own premises, caused continued suffering to them and then destroyed them. They claimed fraudulently for expenses that they had never incurred and generally behaved in a totally dishonourable manner.
Unfortunately, the case collapsed, I believe, on a technicality.
I believe Red-1 and Pinkvboots commented on these matters at the time.

Ratface

Visit site
Following on from the above post, 2018, I and several others reported to the RSPCA the ongoing (six months) extreme neglect of a number of young coloured cobs in a nearby field. These belonged to a group of families living nearby. The RSPCA did nothing, despite numerous phone calls. In the end, the matter was reported to the police who supervised the removal of the horses to World Horse Welfare.