Who was the most random person you shared a yard with?

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
I let out a couple of my stables as they are surplus to requirements and it also helps to keep the grass down, recently though I had someone sharing (thankfully now left) who was a complete fruit loop, and despite the horse having been there 6 weeks, she still wouldnt tie him up, because he didnt know the 'routine', he fidgeted because he didnt know the 'routine' so would get a smack from the crop, would put his head over the door as you guessed... etc, she then caused problems with my horse, who is the easiest going thing ever, by feeding him at the gate so that she could get hers out, despite the fact mine just stood there, only found out mine was being given titbits after he attempeted to take several chunks out of my back and legs, and she then claimed she hadnt done any wrong and that it was my problem & fault and she wouldnt take respibility for it....
crazy.gif
argghhh Just wondering if any of you had anything like that... there is more but i could go on all day!
smirk.gif

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Ummm, the most random have been a lot worse than that, and there are SO many of them I couldn't pin one down. Thankfully I now rent a very small yard for myself. Blissfull and no more fruitloops (except the farrier
grin.gif
)

sky1234

Visit site
one of the DIY livery's (whose no longer there) got drunk on beer, climbed the muckheap, dropped her draws and did a wee in full view of everyone, including children who were having riding lessons! She was asked to leave after that incident!

Its_A_Rollover

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
a midget alcholic who is completely nuts!!
Mad but harmless:)

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha no kidding Tedster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

SunSmile

Visit site
I was going to say i think i am the most random on my yard, but after reading Tedster and sky123's posts, i think my randomness leaves a lot to be desired!!
grin.gif

Annagain

Visit site
You don't live in South Wales do you Tedster? I know one of them!
I never shared with this person but back home when I was growing up, I knew a really neurotic woman from the farm next door who would give me lifts to shows before I could drive (I had totally non horsey parents) She was very kind to me but I used to have to hide round corners and laugh sometimes. I was only about 14 and she was middle aged but sometimes it felt the other way round.

She had this horse who was lovely but spoilt rotten. He was permanently covered from nose to tail in hoods and rugs even in the height of summer and this was in the days before breathable fabrics, and she gave him treats every time he did something good - which was absolutely anything from lifting his tail to have bandage put on to not stopping at a jump - yes every jump (she didn't compete, just jumped in lessons)

She insisted he couldn't be tied up and somebody had to hold him at all times (all day at some shows!). As soon as she went somewhere I'd tie him up straight away and get on with my stuff and he was fine. If anybody else dealt with him he was great, but if she did, he played her up terribly and her brother (she wasn't married funnily enough!) used to have to do EVERYTHING for her as she'd be in such a state! He deserved a medal, I don't know how or why he helped her so much!

The best though was that she had this branch complete with leaves (like the one Basil Fawlty used to hit the car!) that she used to wave behind him to get him on the lorry. He'd walk straight on with me if she wasn't around!

We used to do the same showing classes and she normally beat me (my horse was getting on a bit by this point) but when I beat her once, she suddenly stopped offering me a lift!

Quadro

Visit site
had a yard owner who threw at dog at my step dad!!! we put a rug on our horse that she deemed 2 common fot 1 '(ended up being a grade b so not that common) as we woundnt take it off the dog got thrown!!!!!

tedster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You don't live in South Wales do you Tedster? I know one of them!
I never shared with this person but back home when I was growing up, I knew a really neurotic woman from the farm next door who would give me lifts to shows before I could drive (I had totally non horsey parents) She was very kind to me but I used to have to hide round corners and laugh sometimes. I was only about 14 and she was middle aged but sometimes it felt the other way round.

Lol no I dont Live in Wales Unfortunatley
frown.gif
. Horrid London. no hacking and not much choice in yards, all at mine yard are slightly odd or mad including me
wink.gif
, but thats Horsey people for you!!
laugh.gif

She had this horse who was lovely but spoilt rotten. He was permanently covered from nose to tail in hoods and rugs even in the height of summer and this was in the days before breathable fabrics, and she gave him treats every time he did something good - which was absolutely anything from lifting his tail to have bandage put on to not stopping at a jump - yes every jump (she didn't compete, just jumped in lessons)

She insisted he couldn't be tied up and somebody had to hold him at all times (all day at some shows!). As soon as she went somewhere I'd tie him up straight away and get on with my stuff and he was fine. If anybody else dealt with him he was great, but if she did, he played her up terribly and her brother (she wasn't married funnily enough!) used to have to do EVERYTHING for her as she'd be in such a state! He deserved a medal, I don't know how or why he helped her so much!

The best though was that she had this branch complete with leaves (like the one Basil Fawlty used to hit the car!) that she used to wave behind him to get him on the lorry. He'd walk straight on with me if she wasn't around!

We used to do the same showing classes and she normally beat me (my horse was getting on a bit by this point) but when I beat her once, she suddenly stopped offering me a lift!

[/ QUOTE ]