*Who watches Horse & Country T.V ?? if not why not !!!

Gucci_b

Visit site
Would like to get your thoughts on Horse & Country T.V...
Do you think H&C show too many repeats and not enough equestrian informative programs.
What would you like to see more of on H&C T.V. I know I hardly tune in to watch H&C now as most of the programs has been on a good few times now.

Mrs B

Visit site
Would like to get your thoughts on Horse & Country T.V...
Do you think H&C show too many repeats and not enough equestrian informative programs.
What would you like to see more of on H&C T.V. I know I hardly tune in to watch H&C now as most of the programs has been on a good few times now.

I wouldn't watch it on principle. The way they got rid of the founder, shafting him in the process, was unforgivable.

mcnaughty

Visit site
Way too many repeats - needs far more ODE/3 day evening filming. Would be good if they followed up team Fredericks and others. More clinics.

The Monty stuff is great but again repeated over and over - too much boring show jumping! Other stuff would be good too ie Trec, endurance etc

Kokopelli

Visit site
BORING BORING BORING!!

A couple of programmes are brilliant but after being repeated 10 times it again is very boring.

Also it always has teleshopping on, ALWAYS!

I thought that it was going bust anyway?

nikCscott

Visit site
Not enough content, WAY too many repeats and out of date show jumping (sometimes 2 or 3 years old).

I love the At home with Carl Hester series and the 1st time they showed Team Fredericks- more of this would be great please.
Ohh and the materclass programmes - the ones I've seen have been Leslie Law, Geoff Billington and they've been great.
Would be nice to see one of the Lucinda Green clinics on there- the potential is endless!
H&C seem to have a good level of advertisors so where is the money going? Not on new programme- that's for sure!

minkymoo

Visit site
The constant repetition of programmer bores me. I HATE the teleshopping in the morning and I find show jumping tedious after 10 mins.

Such a shame as it could be so much better, more clinics, more masterclasses, more fly on the wall stuff maybe even some movies? There are so many inspiring people in the horse world and yet there isnjust the same old dross!

jinglejoys

Visit site
I do't because I can't,only have terrestrial T.V. which doesn't cater for anyonne interested in equines,would love the chance to be bored

StarFell

Visit site
Too many repeats, and the programmes they do show don't have much variation really, just the same sort of thing over and over

stroppy

Visit site
I dont watch it for the following reasons, 1) the amount of repeats 2) I can't stand the fredericks 3)they geniuinely aprrove of the dreaded 'P' subject 4) I don't want to watch competitions when i alredy know who got placed in what.

Llewellyn

Visit site
My ten month old child loves it, bright colours, repetition.
But personally every so often there is a good programme I've not seen before but very rare. I only see it because the channel was on for baby (English commentators not American cartoons!) and OH watches the Polo.

There is so much they could be showing give me a video camera I'll visit all the horse shows and competitions. :D

Rollin

Visit site
I was a great fan but have given up.

Too many repeats and never knowing what was ACTUALLY going to be broadcast,

Sad.

skint1

Visit site
every time i turned it on the shows were never about horses, it was always cheesemaking or stately homes

Apricot

Visit site
The Parelli!! :eek: Is the main reason I don't watch it.

Also like others have said, way too many repeats, even just stuff like amateur filming ODEs, horsemanship tutorials (even just a lesson with a good instructor filmed) and similar would make it so much more interesting, instead of just countless repeats! Also, every time I turn it on it's just teleshopping... :S

I love the idea of a horse chanel though! And would happily pay more than Horse and Country ask to get a good one!

Katyharriet

Visit site
I love it! I don't have sky TV at home, but go round by boyfriends specifically to watch it :eek:
At home with Carl Hester and a recent programme following Zara phillips were both very interesting :)

sakura

Visit site
I agree with everyone else, waaaayy too many repeats, a lot of it is out of date and I have no interest in the non horsey shows - also the word 'parelli' is an instant turn off for me! Filling up a great chunk of the morning with 'teleshopping' is also a very good way of loosing viewers!

It's a shame, cause it has a lot of potential

perfect11s

Visit site
Its just about total dross, carl hester mincing round, endless repetetrepeterrepet!!!! some of the compititions were interesting the first time. sadly Its never been much good esp when you think how much stuff there must be to filmout there and programs must be avalible from other networks.. The short lived rural chanel was much more intresting some fun stuff and and a real window on the world or america a least,

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I really like it. I don't have sky at home but quite often house sit for a lady who does and really ook forward to going round hers to watch H&C tv lol! Saying that as I only watch it infrequently I don't suffer the repeats as much. Really enjoyed the Carl hester series and also the masterclasses, (I am also sad enough to watch 'the saddle club' ( :O ) As well, it's about horses even if very corny at times! Not really into all the Parelli, Monty Roberts stuff so tend to switch over when these are on. Agree that it could be alot better than it is. Definately should show some horsey films, not sure I've ever seen a film on there? Documentaries about top riders, theri day to day routine, how they run the yard, travelling to competitions etc would interest me. Maybe if it was more like Horse Hero?

Snoozinsusan

Visit site
I used to watch it regularly, probably looking daily to see what's on, but it has been so uninteresting that I haven't actually watched a programme for months now.

OH wanted to get rid of SKY but I wouldn't let him because of Horse and Country. I have now relented and don't think I'll miss it at all!

Mithras

Visit site
I agree with one of the previous posts that said horse movies would be a good idea. I'm sure repeats of older horse programmes such as Flambards and White Horses would get an appreciative audience too!

joeanne

Visit site
Its also been merged with rural tv....listening to some crooner warbling about his latest break up had me grabbing the remote at speed!

Firewell

Visit site
I like it! I don't base my viewing around it but flick on to it when nothing else on or I fancy watching horses. I like the world cup SJ and I don't mind the repeats as it's usually the first time I've seen it, I even liked the Berkley estate programme. I don't watch the parelli, switch over pronto when I see that!
At the end of the day I think it's better there then not, I don't expect millions spent on programming when equestrianism is a niche sport, I'm happy there is just a channel for horses! I think some of the programmes are pretty good considering... I mean most people in the country are non-dressagey and wouldn't know who Carl hester is or care about him and his horses yet he had all that air time dedicated to him just for those that do follow dressage, that's pretty impressive I think?! Tbh I don't know how they make any money, there aren't any channels dedicated to other niche sports like rock climbing?!

Yep I think it's good and I often enjoy watching it :)

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
Too much repetition and too many awfully produced programs - 10 year olds on their laptops could produce a much higher quality finish.

However, I do like it for its current FEI World Cup SJ (though I usually watch it first on British Eurosport, then watch again on H&C a few weeks/months down the line when I've forgotten the results again), WC Dressage, FEI HSBC Challenge, Monty Robert's Backstage Pass and At Home With Carl Hester. However, I've seen almost all of them already, so more programming is needed.

OMG I LOVED if wishes were horses - I recorded it on VHS each week of Channel 4 and as a present, Dad ordered me and my big sister the book that accompanied the series. It had a hobby horse on the front and a summary of all the horse and rider pairings. I loved the rider with the foreshortened arms and her gorgeous bay mare - was it Lauren and Chloe or something like that?

Last edited: