Who wipes their nose on the back of their gloves when riding

On the Hoof

Visit site
All the time and not ashamed..making sure I have a hanky or tissue is the last thing I think of when riding. Unless I have a full blown cold which is a different story of course. Means I wash my gloves a lot. :D :D

Landcruiser

Visit site
It has been known....but I'm more likely to close one nostril and blow out down the other, downwind and away from pony of course. Suffer from arthritis in fingers and trying to deal with gloves and hankies is a step too far in winter when fingers seize up.

My big worry is that I'll do it without thinking when there's someone around to see......

Hides behind sofa.

rowan666

Visit site
I'll be honest, I don't wear gloves (yes I know the risks blah blah blah) so I use my sleeves or scarf instead. In my defence on the odd occasion I do have tissues in my pocket they always and up being pick pocketed by cheeky ponies or used to wipe sleep from eyes so sleeves are much more hygienic :D

MrsMurs

Visit site
Every time I have a lesson, and sometimes, depending on which particular movement/gait we are doing, I have to let it drip!!!!!!

Visit site
I rarely wear gloves to ride. I only wear them for galloping but one thing is for sure - wet nose + wet gloves = itching all the way home! And you always forget about not doing it! Every time without fail!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Of course, in fact Mountain Horse have put a handy fleece nose wipe patch on the thumb base of their winter gloves, so I presumed it was an accepted practice ;)

I rarely wear pure leather gloves as that just smears it all over your face :D

Pimple gloves with a woolly backing are good :)

Identityincrisis

Visit site
All the time but assumed I was the only one! My nose is like a tap when i'm at the yard and I just can't be doing with tissues when i'm busy with horses. Fleece top sleeves are also handy but have done this without thinking while wearing coat.......with velcro cuffs, OWWWWWWW!!!! :D

onemorehorse

Visit site
Who doesn't? 😃 I always have a tissue in my pocket but much easier to glove wipe. Bit awkward at the moment with the moulting trying not to get hair up your nose

Embo

Visit site
Cold weather = leaky nose for me, especially when having a lesson... so I'm afraid I'm guilty! But I tend to cuff it on my sleeves, instead. Top goes in the wash when I get home so I feel less gross about it :)

lhotse

Visit site
I do, or rather on the fleece patch on the thumb which is designed for the purpose! Sealskin riding gloves, they have thought of everything!

inthehills

Visit site
made me laugh to read this post....I did wonder if I was the only one!

usually least of my worries as my 3 year old son usually manages to sneeze on me at least once a day and my highland likes to do a head-level blast out of his nostrils when I'm in front of him. So I'm usually covered in it by the end of the day. Now there's a nice thought :D

Annagain

Visit site
I favour the turn the head and use the inside of the coat collar method. Reduces the risk of the thug legging it because reins are in one hand.

C1airey

Visit site
I always used to wipe my nose on my snowboarding gloves when on the slopes.

One day I bought a new pair which had a nifty little bit of plastic along the back of one thumb to help scrape the ice and snow out of the bindings.

Then came the fateful day when I forgot about the nifty new feature and nearly sliced my nose off with said bit of plastic.

These days I use my sleeve.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Yep....and when out running too. And I've no excuse 'cos I always put tissue in my pocket. But of course if you're going to use a tissue you need to take your gloves off and who could be bothered with that when it's easier just to cuff it??