Who would pass a vetting?

horsegirl

Visit site
If I sit with my legs bent then I limp around for a few mins when I get up so I guess I would fail on the flexion test. What about you?

miller

Visit site
I'm definitely an MOT failure - wouldn't even get me to flex let alone be sound after!

Have old tendon injuries too!
grin.gif

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Not as much flexibility in one wrist compared to the other due a break when I was younger. Also, like you, would fail flexion tests. Have broken my ankle 3 times as well and that can be a bit stiff sometimes.

riotgirl

Visit site
PMSL!!! My eyesight is awful without glasses and I have problems with my nose, so I guess that would make me a headshaker. I would probably crib at mealtimes as well (not sure if this would make me fail though).
tongue.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
definitely not at the moment!! Broke my wrist the weekend before last, so i would trot up a tad unlevel... infact i think the vet would write me off altogether and hopefully suggest early retirement!! LOL!!

fairhill

Visit site
I'm blind in one eye, and got a dodgy shoulder - which scarily makes me the same as Vicstress's horse and therefore I'd pass...
blush.gif

(sorry vicstress
grin.gif
xxxx)

pottamus

Visit site
It's a fail for me too...I currently have flu and have still got back problems following a fall 4 weeks ago...linked to this I also have sciatica nerve problems in my right leg...so forget nerve block tests for me as they are already in a mess!!!!
What a desparate bunch we all are!
smile.gif
Is there anyone out there who is fully healthy??????

SillyMare

Visit site
I'm healthy and feeling very smug about having been for a run this morning in freezing weather!

Would probably be the one that fails for something really random that only appears on the day of the vetting and then never again.

Governor

Visit site
If my leg was pushed correctly up into the joint I reckon i'd pass...but if it was a t*at of a vet who pulled it outwards while pushing it up then i'd fail...

Alibear

Visit site
despite injuries I'd probably pass the flexion test but I'd either fail on the wind bit or there'd be a comment about conditioning/fittening work will be required
blush.gif

SSM

Visit site
No insurance company would touch me after a vetting due to

1) Ankle going dodgy where I ripped the ligaments

2) Nerve traps in bottom making me walk funny
tongue.gif

3) Leg dodgy shape due to operations after a horse fell on it and broke the bone

4) Eye sight? Ever seen a horse with glasses? - I can't eat food without mine on
crazy.gif

5) Teeth, more metal fatique than tooth
frown.gif

spike123

Visit site
well I would fail any vetting without a doubt. I have asthma(copd)tendonitis and currently whiplash so guess that would be the equivalent of muscle damage through neck and spine in a horse.Think if I were a horse I would fail for anything other than a pasture ornament or a brood mare...lol

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Im like OP... if i sit with my legs bent for any period of time, im limping for the next 10 minutes (also takes a good 30 seconds or so to get legs out of said position cos they're just stuck!) - I never thought about this in terms of flexion tests but you're right!!

Like PG I have arthritis in both knee caps (although mines quite mild)

Also have a dodgy ankel that was fracture when I was young and never set properly :p

Also asthmatic so i dont think the vets would be happy about that
frown.gif

And thats just the stuff i know about...

sammys ma

Visit site
not a chance!

1/ have a hereditary blood disorder

2/ Have had my spleen and gall bladder removed due to said blood disorder, so have scarring across middle due to being practically cut in half!

3/No spleen makes me more susceptible to colds, pneumonia etc, so have to get vaccinations frequently

4/ I'm asthmatic....so fast work would be a problem!

5/ Have an auto immune disorder which makes me very fatigued and my joints ache badly.

Yep......I would be off to the knackers yard!!

I think in this instance the phrase " if you were a horse, I'd shoot you" would definitely be applicable!

blush.gif
grin.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
No way would I!
Blind without glasses
Hayfever and allergies
I smoke (does that mkae me a windsucker!!)
Excessive alcohol consumption
Both hands and one shoulder arthritic
Still got a sore fanny from being kicked two+ weeks ago...

So I couldn't even be retired as a brood mare!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

teapot

Visit site
My bloods would reveal levels of dopamine agents at the moment for a start

Suffer from hayfever and I've got odd wrists (if you look at them) - one looks kinda like a splint
tongue.gif

k9h

Visit site
No hope for me. Yard I use to run back in 99 Yard owner use to make me trot up all the horses for the vet. He said I could make a 3 legged horse look straight & sound!!!
Plus I have a hole in my heart, partically blind in one eye, damaged ligaments & joints in shoulders & knee's, flat footed. The list is endless in fact think I would be sent to knackers. Apart from I never miss a day never go lame & can keep going all day!! So would be a bargin at a knock down price for failing. (Not syaing that I'm cheap though!!!) lol