Who would YOU breed my mare to?

seansheep

Visit site
one question - did you pick him because of his colour ? as there are stallions already mentioned here that have much more solid competition records

brackenhappy

Visit site
no i picked him because i like him! he could be green for all i care hes just got the nicest temprement i have met and he isnt that far from me! wasnt keen on travelling bracken to far as she is not fussed on changes but after seeing her reaction when she arrived and smelt the men! i will look further afield for the next time. the foal is to be breed for me and not to be sold on so i was after temprement rather than competition record as i dont compete anymore so would be a waste of high performing stallion to put to bracken if i didnt release full potential of any off spring! hes also young so could eventually have a good solid record in the future but who knows!!

druid

Visit site
Eventing: Welton Ambassador - if it wasn't for the temperament issue. Primitive Proposal - fabulous.

Dressage wise - Olympic Ferro. I liek Medoc as suggetsed by HH too.

eventrider23

Visit site
El Thuder is at Brendons in Pyecombe. They have a page for him on their site but no pic - only one of Argentinus. He is LOVELY! I first saw him 2 days after they imported him and he was such a good boy. He has also only continued to improve and his temperament hasn't changed even though he's had a busy stud season.
He is quite a light warmblood and so SHOULD add that bit of refinement to mare's, etc. and with the movement and the jumping pedigree the babies should event.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Yes I have to say I have heard about his temperament, but I do wonder how much its down to being a top comp horse (dressage aswell) and a stallion. Thats interesting about his front legs.

No, no Ringo baby No. 2 yet
smirk.gif
nearly 2 weeks overdue aswell. My mums positive its a colt
tongue.gif
I think this time next week we should be able to say hello............as long as everything goes ok, Bramble is huge
crazy.gif

S_N

Visit site
Hmmm interesting choices - not keen on the Secretariat/Fanfreluche horse and having never heard of either, I'm not convinced of their marketability. I do quite like the other chap though.

S_N

Visit site
Agreed, he does have a good temperament, but not the lad for B I'm affraid. Is your girl in-foal to him then? When is she due?

brackenhappy

Visit site
not yet!! or she could be!! scan on friday!! third go!! she is a tart!shes bein covered natrual and stands as good as gold for dollar!!! shes had foal before so think she is stallin the pregnancy so she can have some more 'fun'!!! no reason for her not to be infoal just not happend yet!! have you had a look at their other stallions?? they have walk in stallions to!

S_N

Visit site
Ooohhhh Primitive Proposal I STUNNING!! Why have I not seen him before - I must be blind!

Never been a fan of Welton horses - can't explain it, just not.

Yes I am a fan of Medoc.... keep meaning to look into him.

Ringo is a maternal grandson of Ferro

S_N

Visit site
Am I being totally thick? I'm looking on the Brendon Hill site and I cannot find anything about him??
confused.gif
confused.gif

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
The gorgeous late Romeo, if you can persuade Horsegroupie to part with a straw. You get it all, ability, conformation, pedigree, and real work-man attitude. Not forgetting what a multi-talented star he was as he won internationally jumping and ALSO world cup dressage, he's my no.1 desirable stallion. Absolutely adore him.

druid

Visit site
PP was tested this year too, I'm sure. Fabulous looking, nice mover, good temperament. He's ear marked for 2 of the YOs eventers next season!

Weltons are rather commercial, but the temperament thing would put me off

I keep toying with breeding S to Olympic Ferro - then remind my self no-one in their right mind would recreate the obstinante cow!

_jetset_

Visit site
Hmmm...

If I had a horse like B and I was looking for something with sellability (is there such a word
tongue.gif
) then I would definitely look at something like this http://www.highoffleystud.co.uk/Arturo8.asp I don't know what makes me keep going back to this horse, but I just think there is some outstanding quality there.

Or even something like this: http://www.endhousestud.co.uk/associate/crown%20derby.htm

I don't know enough about conformation to comment, but I think if you were looking to produce a more dressage type horse from her I would go for http://www.elitedressagestallions.co.uk/stallions-sandro-hit.htm or http://www.elitedressagestallions.co.uk/stallions-krack-c.htm I absolutely love the last one and is certainly one I would consider using should I choose to breed from the big bird again.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!! I just been looking at your site - you know I've named the foal already too!!

Could you pm me some info on fees - I couldn't find that bit

Temperament, movement, power, substance with elegance - multi tasking capabilities really B will provide the jump (belive me - you should see Hector jump!!), but she needs more lift/cadence/elevation/expression in her paces

[/ QUOTE ]

The fees can be found under terms and conditions, but he is £500 this year.

Ferro is a lovely stallion but his progeny can be sharp thanks to the Ulft influence.

Johnson (the Nijhof stallion) is throwing some superb foals this year, and I notice that several have been selected for the National Foal Championships.

Two fanstasic stallions that throw horses with excellent temperaments and rideability are VDL Corland and Indorado. Indorado had a cracking group of 2 year old colts at last years KWPN Stallion Keuring in Holland. I was also going to suggest VDL Sydney, but he has just been sold to Mexico.

seabiscuit

Visit site
What about Corland? He has superb breeding, and loads of blood in him and I just love him in his videos. I am seriously thinking of using him myself next year !
Watch his videos, he is awesome..
Corland

eventrider23

Visit site
Yes that Brendons Pyecombe link is the correct one for Thuder.
I LOVE the look of Primitive Proposal and he has got some beautiful stock BUT I would ensure that it is a very god tempered mare as although I don't know what his temperament is like, I know that his dam line is very sharp. I used to ride and work with his 3/4 sister (same dam) and whilst being one of the most talented horses I have ever known she was also the sharpest and eventually the most dangerous horse I've ever known. As soon as was put under ANY pressure in the dressage when she moved up to Intermediate (eventing), she would rear up, flip over, you name it. Had every teatment, check and therapy known to man and was no problems with her. Was all in her head.
As said, she had more talent in one leg than any horse I've ever known but her temperament was her downfall. I would definately use Primitive Proposal myself BUT would first ensure that the mare's temp was 100%.

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
Lol the two corlands I know are both stubborn and ignorant and like to try to walk all over you in the "I didn't see you there" way but they do have a tremendous jump and are very athletic. Maybe it's just corland mares........

S_N

Visit site
I know 3 Krack C's and tbh they are all hot heads - I know it's only 3, but that is enough to put me off.

I really like Corland, but not his fee or colour - greys are fine if someone else is looking after them
tongue.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
Same goes for Arturo 8 - sorry.

Even if I could afford to use Sandro Hit, I don't think I would on B tbh - she's not good enough or the right type IMO.

Thanks for finding the link to El Thunder - he looks great, though I'll have to see youngsters by him to be persuaded I'm affraid.

Thanks everyone - really given me a lot of food for thought!! Really appreciate it!!!