Who would YOU breed my mare to?

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i would use a warmblood think gribaldi would be too sharp on b, i like johnson and verdi personally or karandsj

[/ QUOTE ]

Will have a look for Johnson and Verdi, but I wanted to know - do you mean Karandasj at Whorridge Farm Stud?

htobago

Visit site
Well - taking your question absolutely literally - if your stunning mare were mine I would breed her to my own Arab stallion Tobago - and hope to get another Tamarillo....
smile.gif

But I somehow doubt that an unbacked first-season show-Arab is really what are you are looking for lol!
wink.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Tell you who I also really really like, and forgot about
blush.gif
, is Heartbreaker. Theres just something about him.

Krack C can produce fab progeny but they are very hot. I think the most stunning dressage youngster I've seen was a Krack C 4yo chestnut mare in H&H a few weeks ago, OMG she was just stunning!

christine48

Visit site
yes Karendasj is at Worridge stud this year. he has come over from Holland for the season. Apparently his stock have good temperaments and are trainable.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Heartbreaker is a fantastic stallion but you cannot get his semen due to the quality. The only way is to send your mare to the Nijhofs where she will be inseminated.

We had a Heartbreaker filly born this year but the mare was at the Nijhofs last year and it still took 3 goes with the fresh.........however, the end result is great, as we now have a filly as "hopefully" a future breeding mare.

Karendasj got his "Keur" predicate a couple of years ago in Holland. Saw him in the flesh at the KWPN Stallion Keuring and he looked a really nice type. There are certainly some nice stock by him in Holland.

mat

www.atmosphere-equestrian.com
I have a Verdi Colt, the first in this country I think.. he is fab, he has an impressive jump and a temprement to die for! He is however quite coarse in the head and stocky, I would suggest if you are considering using Verdi, your mare would need to be finer!

I have also been impressed with Johnson, his stud card pic looks great, but I was disappointed when I saw him loose. The Stud he stands at have got his brother, Sting, who I thought was much more promising, maybe worth a look?

I have worked with a Krack C horse, it was supposed to be kept entire but the owner had it cut as it was too hot, and they couldnt work through his tension to get the flashy paces..

Horsegroupies Romeo would be a good cross with pretty much any horse! But you'd have a job getting her to part with a straw, if she has any left..

MFS Vision is stunning and looks to have a very promising future, and if his stock so far are anything to go by a foal by him would certainly move!

I have a nice young stallion, that would be a bit finer, so maybe adding a little more quality to your girl, he is bred for SJ Dressage AND SJ!

If you are interested in karendasj maybe consider Nibeley Union Jack? He is by Neostan, by Florestan. And his dam, Pierke is by Karendasj out of a candyboy mare. It goes without saying he is pretty fab himself,(having won pretty much every young horse class he has entered) and his foals are pretty impressive this year!

Good luck!

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
BBMAT I wondered that about Verdi. Saw him in the flesh last year at the Nijhofs and wondered what he would produce. Congratulations on your foal.

Johnson is not quite so impressive when you see him in the flesh, but he is leaving some lovely foals on the ground this year.

I also like Sandreo but you have to have a mare with a really good motor behind to get a good foal. We had a colt by him out of a Goodtimes mare who herself had the Sport Dressur predicate. Africa had a temperament to die for and is one of the most stunning horses I have ever seen, however........his movement disappointed me. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a KWPN judge in Holland. He warned me the year previous to watch for the Sandreo foals..............and he was very correct in his report. That aside, Africa will do well in dressage as he is very flash, but was just not a stallion prospect.

There are several members on HHO will some nice stallions amongst them. Unfortunately dont know HG's Romeo, but by all accounts he is lovely. Also BBMAT has some nice young horses under him as well.

Rosiebee

Visit site
Found this thread on Krack C http://www.ewarmbloods.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18284

Verdi- KWPN foal report suggests Verdi suits jumping mares with insufficient canter but 'uphill' conformation and sufficient size

Johnson- KWPN foal report Johnson contributes good body length, 'Uphill build and desirable front leg use to dressage horse breeding but mares should have good hind leg movement

Hope this is of help