Whoo boo part 4

Goldenstar

Visit site
So the first session with the dressage trainer went well .
Harvey was very calm and while he might not have a rapier fast brain he got on with everything politely .
We worked mainly on showing me the way to start to mobilise the neck we worked mainly with the neck up in the working position he’s built to find the correct working neck position easy and stretching forward and down harder we worked on loop circles and serpentines in trot and loops and circles in canter .
He has a very nice canter but the lack of lateral suppleness and reaction to the lateral aids makes things hard at the moment .
We did bits of stretching in between and got some better quality stretching than I had had before at the end .
All in all I was pleased with him .
A couple of days later I had a pop in the school he cantered round hopped the jump and was generally as nice as he could be so I was on a high .
Twenty minutes later I was living winded in a pile of poles having been decked by a very naughty G who bucked and bucked until I came off ,so disappointed ,I struggled up and lunged him over A fence for well over an hour I was pretty bottomed he was not 😒
The weather thenmade things hard with a frozen drive making hacking and getting the lorry out impossible and the school covered in ice and snow so it was with some trepidation that I ,still pretty sore with a bruised sternum approached getting back on after a break of well over a week .
I lunged H first he hacked out as good as gold , G was lunged for over an hour after which I deployed a younger friend who hopped on and G behaved well .
We went jumping on Wednesday I was determined to go despite being sore the course was at a local indoor it was gridwork Harvey was just super he really is a great jumper straight forward and careful even at rising seven he just feels he knows his job .he was well behaved in the group situation I was thrilled .
Later in the day we went back with FYF and G all six feet three of FYF and the fact that G had had an hours trotting on a hack and a lunge over a fence earlier in the day meant that G behaved himself .
G is out hunting as I type this with FYF and the plan is increase his work load dramatically and give plenty to think about .
So it’s still so far so good with Harvey and a small set back with G .

Goldenstar

Visit site
G and FYF hacked back and arrived Just as it got dark .
Although he got excited at times G has behaved well and had a fast hunt at the end when most of the field had left FYF was very pleased with him he did a little bit of bunching up but no bucking, rematch on Wednesday .
He’s going out for an adventure hack tomorrow as we introduce Harvey to things he needs to learn about for hunting and they both doing a jumping clinic on Monday .
He should be tired by Wednesday .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry about the fall, I hope you aren't hurt. Can you tell me where I can find an FYF in case Ludo is similar?

Goldenstar

Visit site
I taught FYF when he was in pony club and his mother helped at the riding school that started me off .
We have a lot of fun and it allows me to buy horses I otherwise could not as I always have back up .