Whoo Hoo part 3

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just an update on the new horse Harvey.
The hacking is coming on and he’s building confidence and walking out more he still has moments when he backs off but it’s all going very well and he’s a straight forward green horse to hack .
I have started school work he has what I would call showjumpers flat work but he moves nicely and there’s a huge improvement to be had .
ATM I am working to get longer steps in the trot working to develop the stretch, he is at this stage BTV when stretched down, he’s weak in the top third of his neck and does not draw his nose forward to the contact .
He definatly needs a proper dental which I want done at the vets as I want his fore feet xrayed at the same time I hope a dental may help him in the contact as I don’t think he’s 100% comfortable in the mouth .
I always X-ray forefeet of my horses after they have their first set of shoes put on by my farrier we then have a clear view of any balance issues from the start and we can see any changes should something go wrong in the future .
He has no concept of lateral movement I had a fiddle about on board but hopped off to start off working in hand he’s a delightfully blank canvas , and although somewhat alarmed by this strange English woman wanting to influence him when she was not riding him he quickly got the idea of stepping his inside leg under .
I will do some in hand work and lunging and use poles a fair bit in the next two months .
He has a great natural canter it is after all what he needs for the job he’s bred for, jumping it just lacks lateral suppleness atm.
Last night Fit young friend ( FYF) and I took him and G down to use a local indoor school in the evening he was well behaved and extremely sensible .
To day we loaded up and went to the local forest he went really well and enjoyed the whole outing I was really happy with him in fact I was happy with all three of them they all went so well .
He is atm not very quick on his feet I think he’s sent most of his life on surfaces but he is getting the idea and when he’s happy doing some extreme hacking I will get him out to the hounds to learn how to use that super body he’s got to stay on his feet .
He will make a magficent hunter he’s a naturally calm and sane horse if he’s carefully introduced to hunting he should love it .
All in all so far very good .
Next week a trip to the dressage trainer in booked for Tuesday and hopefully weather permitting for my school we will start jumping .
Still love him and feel very very lucky .

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Refresh me: this is an Irish horse, yes? He will not have done much at all except jump; flatwork is a Dark Art over here and not much indulged in. Good luck, he sounds like a good 'un :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Refresh me: this is an Irish horse, yes? He will not have done much at all except jump; flatwork is a Dark Art over here and not much indulged in. Good luck, he sounds like a good 'un :)

Yes I bought him just before Christmas he is a lovely horse .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Pictures!!! I'm jealous of everything except that he's a grey :D