Who's at badminton?

Supertrooper

Visit site
What time is everyone leaving tomorrow? I'm going to leave at 6am in the hope that the traffic won't be too bad if I get there at 8am????!!!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I am now going unexpectedly. A friend called me about an hour ago offering me a free ticket so badders here I come, very excited :)
Not been for years, mostly as its pretty expensive.
Not sure I would recognise any one from any picture threads done in the past, we almost need t-shirts with our usernames :D

ETS: Leaving around 9am

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Meee tomorrow,im coming of j13 stroud,is it signposted off motorway? Aiming to get there for about 9.30...hope theres not too much traffic then??

Is that coming from the North down the M5? If so, top tip - don't follow the signs or the 4x4s, carry on down the M5 to the M4 and come in that way (turn towards London on the M4, then follow signs). The first time we went we followed the signs and traffic and it took forever on single lane roads, whereas staying on the motorway for another ten miles (est!) was nearly an hour off the time when we did that...

(Shouldn't really post that on the internet, it will be my own fault when everyone goes my way tomorrow!!)

Highlands

Visit site
Meee tomorrow,im coming of j13 stroud,is it signposted off motorway? Aiming to get there for about 9.30...hope theres not too much traffic then??

We are leaving at 7am , hope to be in by 8.30, before 10 should be ok but then its x country, busier! Got pass, dad went today and said it was empty ( ok probably where he went, no sure many people brought bright neon pants.... Don't ask!)

Excited! Also going Monday too!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'm volunteering with the altziemers charity tomorrow and Monday :)

Thats interesting - didn't know they would be there, do they have a stand? We are struggling with MIL at the moment with that, so would be interesting to speak to people.

Mrs M, glad you're going to get there after all. You deserve a good day out. Shame I'm there the day before or I'd have bought you that coffee (or pimms!).

monkeybum13

Visit site
Is that coming from the North down the M5? If so, top tip - don't follow the signs or the 4x4s, carry on down the M5 to the M4 and come in that way (turn towards London on the M4, then follow signs). The first time we went we followed the signs and traffic and it took forever on single lane roads, whereas staying on the motorway for another ten miles (est!) was nearly an hour off the time when we did that...

(Shouldn't really post that on the internet, it will be my own fault when everyone goes my way tomorrow!!)

I really wouldn't advise this, roadworks at the Almondsbury interchange are a nightmare!!

monkeybum13

Visit site
Is that where the motorways meet?

Oh no, am gutted if we have to go across country with all the rabble now!

Yes, unfortunately. If you're really early though it shouldn't be too much of a problem *crosses fingers* :)

Have you got a sat nav? I'd get off j14 of the M5 and go through Charfield, Kingswood, Hawkesbury Upton and then you go straight across the A46 at Dunkirk :)

Rhubarb

Visit site
I'm coming from london on the M4.i've been advised that everyone comes off at j17 and the queues are long. I could come off earlier at j15 and do a detour so I'm approaching from cirencester and tetbury or carry on along the M4 to j18 onto the A46.

Anyone know these routes and how busy they are likely to be??
Thanks

starry94

Visit site
I'm going tomorrow for the first time in a few years :)
I'm coming for hertfordshire, can anyone recommend the best way to go?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I had been wanting to go tomorrow but wasn't really sure if I could justify spending the money. My boyfriend texted me this morning, right after he left, telling me to look in my shoes... he left me the money for my ticket. :) <3

nat_1

Visit site
Thanks for replys about j13 lol...trouble is i dont want to get confused going another way i just hope its not going to be too bad.

whats the 'getting out' situation like at the end of day? Orgainised or chaos like you horse live?

lhotse

Visit site
Yes, unfortunately. If you're really early though it shouldn't be too much of a problem *crosses fingers* :)

Have you got a sat nav? I'd get off j14 of the M5 and go through Charfield, Kingswood, Hawkesbury Upton and then you go straight across the A46 at Dunkirk :)

Shoosh, that's supposed to be a secret!!

I will be there tomorrow, wearing a pink Toggi shirt, or if it gets cold, a bright orange hoody with a Horseware gillet over the top!! Come and say hi, you might even get a bit of Pimms!!
We go every year as we are very local, but it's always exciting, and it's my sister's turn to drive this year so I get to have a few drinks!!
See you all there!!

nicolenlolly

Visit site
I'm going :) been touch and go as one of my daughters was poorly with raging temp all morning but by the power of calpol I think we will make it :)
Can't sleep though, far too excited!! Never been on cross country day. I will have 2 joulesed up girlies and I will have new joules green coat :) we are leaving at half six from j28 of m25 (Essex)
Happy shopping and cross country everyone xx

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I was there today. It was rammed, never seen a dressage day like it, so expect tomorrow to be horrendously busy.Also following some heavy downpours today it was wet around the course- my OH was in boat shoes and his feet were squelching.
Having second thoughts about going tomorrow, got trod on enough today..! :(
There are a few bargains to be found- I bought some ariat breeches and got a free ariat polo shirt :)

Marydoll

Visit site
I'll be watching from the warmth of the sofa with the best and comfiest seat in the house, with grandstand views of everyone on course i might have a wee pimms as well, food a few yards away, and the loo, warm and cosy there if i need it, with the ability to stop the horses until i get back ;)
But seriously have a great day all who're going, i wish it was me :D

Love

Visit site
I need to stop reading this - I'm getting way too excited and I have to wait until Monday!! Me and mum are coming from York - setting off Tomo and staying over at granny's house near Birmingham then going from there Monday morning :D eek eek EEEKKK!!!!! (Bramham is much nearer for us... Haha)