Who's expecting for 2019?

TheMule

Visit site
I thought I'd try a post with pics on this new forum. Cooking for May 2019 I have a Spanish mare in foal to our own Lusitano stallion. It's his first foal, he's 19 now and has been a fantastic horse under saddle at GP level so hopefully this will be a replacement.
So what are other people expecting next year?

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 64

TheMule

Visit site
I was thinking about him the other day and wondering if you still had him-exciting :)

He's such a lovely horse- we did try him on our little luso mare but it was late in the season and she didn't take. He's going off to have some frozen collected to keep for us in the future as he doesn't have many more winters in him :(

riversideeu

Visit site
Wow they are both beautiful. I have a Warmblood mare who I bred by Medoc. She is my last Medoc foal out of a Dutch mare I won in Your Horse magazine many years ago. She is hopefully in foal to Forinth an eventing Hanoverian after a very eventful summer where she managed to conceive twins have one nipped loose the other then conceive triplets having to have 2 nipped on consecutive days.
That will teach me not to assume a 19 year old stallion might not be quite so fertile.
She has a huge Furst Romancier 2 year old as a first foal so hopefully not quite as big this time though I could not wish for a better behaved 2 year old which is good as he is so big. Its going to be odd going from a 15hh Cob to a 17hh+ Warmblood when he gets broken.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ooo, that looks like a nice match TM - will look out for updates next year

I like the sound of those bloodlines R. Are you aiming to breed an eventer? Fingers crossed for a slightly smaller version this time.

riversideeu

Visit site
Yes DabDab I would love to breed an eventer. Forinth has got some lovely offspring and has in my opinion been fairly underused. He is still sound and competing at age 19 and has a fantastic temperament. He is also the best moving jumping stallion I have seen since Medoc.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes I love him - such a gorgeous jumping style. I have a friend with a 5yo by him and it's just one of those youngsters you watch and think 'God I'd love to jump a round on him', and such an easy temperament too. Very exciting :cool:

riversideeu

Visit site
Oh that is interesting thanks. I wanted to breed something as an all rounder for me but struggled to find anything that jumped and moved well and kept getting drawn to dressage stallions until I saw him. Also James Adams Reuben Rialto was a fantastic youngster and he also has a number of excellent showjumping stock as he was originally imported as a showjumper I understand. I secretly would love a chestnut filly but know I usually get the opposite.

4faults

Visit site
I have one due 2019 by Zambesi out of my Mermus R x Clover Hill mare. Very excited as her Danny Kannan filly this year is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone’s babies next year

TheMule

Visit site
I have 2 due in 2019 - both will be end of may/June foals. 1 by Diacontinus out of my Tycoon x Consul mare and 1 by Marc Cain out of my Mondriaan x Ulft mare

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Discontinus as half sibling to Elana, might have to sit on my hands if you offer that one for sale though!

TheMule

Visit site
I have one due 2019 by Zambesi out of my Mermus R x Clover Hill mare. Very excited as her Danny Kannan filly this year is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone’s babies next year

I love Zambesi, that should be a really nice foal :)

Asha

Visit site

Another Zambesi fan here , I love what he’s throwing . If I was breeding a show jumper I’d definitely use him.

I think we have one due next year now. She’s due May 17th, but as we got her in poor condition, she may have slipped it . I had her scanned , but they couldn’t see anything other than a large uterus . So keeping my fingers crossed . Foal is by a young stallion by Im special de muse , mare is Ustinov x Ol Metta x Cambridge . Time will tell !

ihatework

Visit site
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Discontinus as half sibling to Elana, might have to sit on my hands if you offer that one for sale though!

I’ll be fighting you! Diacontinus combines 2 of my favourite bloodlines. I want one from a decent TB mare!

Asha

Visit site
That sounds exciting Asha, hope all is well with her.
Tda- I love Dales, would love to see pictures when baby arrives safely

Sadly all isn’t well. Had her scanned again, and she’s not in foal. She’s actually in season . Such a shame. On the upside , the vet was impressed with how well she looks . She looks strong and well , so will now go off to get backed .

Good luck everyone else with you foals, I will look forward to seeing all the updates x

Visit site
We have two in foal to Craig, and two foals from last summer by Ramiro b, but its a very dead market at the moment, so may not breed anymore. The sad thing for what it costs to get a foal born and end up selling them for less then this cost.

tda

Visit site
Disappointing news, even tho Castle Hill Sherry had the shape, she was not in foal.😐🤔. Was scanned last year, but due date came and went, then she came into full season last monday, so covered again, and will see what next year brings😐
She is now on a diet

TheMule

Visit site
Disappointing news, even tho Castle Hill Sherry had the shape, she was not in foal.😐🤔. Was scanned last year, but due date came and went, then she came into full season last monday, so covered again, and will see what next year brings😐
She is now on a diet

That's a shame, fingers crossed for next year!

Reactions: tda

4faults

Visit site
8797AB9D-7AC6-4723-9642-DDD0D97EACFB.jpeg
Our filly foal arrived Tuesday night. Zambesi x Mermus R x Clover Hill.
Absolutely chuffed with her, she’s already running Mum ragged. Congratulations TheMule, hows your colt doing?

Reactions: JJS

TheMule

Visit site
View attachment 33220
Our filly foal arrived Tuesday night. Zambesi x Mermus R x Clover Hill.
Absolutely chuffed with her, she’s already running Mum ragged. Congratulations TheMule, hows your colt doing?

Oh he's cute! And 4 perfect shite socks too, congratulations!
My little guy took a little while to strengthen up but he's lovely, looks to have a lot of his Dad in him which is perfect.

Attachments

• 3A438029-4DE6-4BFD-828A-38377ABD7AEE.jpeg
    3A438029-4DE6-4BFD-828A-38377ABD7AEE.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: JJS