Who's going to Burghley?

holzrokz

Visit site
I'm going on cross country day with a couple of friends. Super excited as it will be my first time going to watch it!

Does anyone know what the shopping is like? Do they usually have any good deals going or do they tend to sell at retail price? Need some new long riding boots and a new hat for my birthday so hoping I can try loads on and perhaps grab a bargain :)

swilliam

Visit site
Horse shopping isn't as good as it used to be - lots of 'lifestyle' shops instead, but there are still a few bargains to be had. Most of the horse shops are down past the second ring.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I'm going on XC day too! I'll be spotted by the fed up OH and the v small Jack Russell accompanying (probably carried by OH, probably wearing a daft coat if it's cold/raining).

There's a list of shops here: http://www.burghley-horse.co.uk/Shopping/A-Z/A.html
And a map of where they'll be here: http://www.burghley-horse.co.uk/Shopping/A-Z/A.html

The 'exhibition village' looks to be the best bet for horse stuff.

I was hoping that there'd be a Dainese stand so I could try the Balios 3 BP on (and buy it) but it doesn't look like they'll be there :(. Planning on coming home with at least a new pair of Ariats and a new CO AYR8, and want to see if the Mountain Horse Snowy River boots will fit :).

I was also hoping that Bateson would be there (trailer shopping) but I think it's just Ifor :/.

I'm really excited and hoping it stays dry and warm on the day.

debsflo

Visit site
im going ,prob x country day too. I agree horse shopping is not as good as it used to be but can still spend a small fortune. my favourite day of the year.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We usually go for the whole thing, but the caravan died this year so we're only going XC day - IF we can persuade the website to sell us some tickets!!! I've tried twice so far and it just crashes.

Most of the bargains are to be found while the final ten are show jumping, everyone cuts their prices for the last hour or so. I got some good bargains last year. For the rest of the week the prices are nothing special..

holzrokz

Visit site
Yeh I ha a look a the map and what shops there are, and have to say I was disappointed, they do all seem to be 'country living' type shops, which is a shame.

I'm looking for a Uvex hat or possibly the gatehouse conquest so glad they stock the uvex there, not sure about other things I'm looking for though. Possibly some new roeckel gloves.

Mydogisanidiot - shall look out for bored OH and dog :) and also hope the weather is nice (at least please no rain!) although I will be going in wellies and will take spare clothes for all kinds of weather just in case!

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I am going for XC day with my sister, we're lucky that it's only an hour from us so I go every year.

I usually get a few bargains, the best being a brand new cliff barnsby saddle for £325. Usually get myself a cheap pair of jodphurs each year too. Plus whatever else I can find.

sidsmum

Visit site
I'm going on Saturday too, I'm really excited I've never been before! :D I too will be recognised by having a bored OH trailing behind! ;)